The Rivet Games New Route Teaser.(what Might It Cost?)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SHINO BAZ, Aug 17, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

If by chance this is a new route being teased by rivet games,there a possibility that this might be a short route with one type of train.(8.5 miles of track with 1938 tube stock)but this has not been confirmed yet.So the question would be is this a route worth normal new route price or should it cost less?(This route info comes from a video showing simalur track,tunnels and stairway on the route.)

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Hmm I take it you mean the Isle of Wight route I still think the ramsgate branch has more of a resemblance to the screenshot than the video of the cab ride even if it was raining

• Like Like x 2
  3. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

IOW is already on TS2020 and I would hope it is not being duplicated for TSW2. I would hope that the would-be designers will unearth some routes to excite us that have never been seen before. IOW would be boring IMO.

I was hoping for the Piccadilly Line to be issued for TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Doubt they would start off with an 8 mile route. People would kick off!

5. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

yep i agree an 8 mile route no way. its getting worse this game

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Why would people kick off? They don’t have to buy it? I haven’t bought Oakville Division because I’m not a fan of freight, but I’m not kicking off because there is a route I am unlikely to buy. It’s horses for courses. You pays your money you takes your choice.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. TinTin_57

Well because if you read the forums then you would know people have been asking for longer routes not shorter ones. You reads the forums you get your info

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

People have been asking for a lot of things, but they’ve already explained why longer routes pose a problem. I’d love longer routes too, but I’m not going to over criticise a shorter route, that other players, myself included, are now looking forward too. Being over critical doesn’t achieve anything on a personal level. It just causes bad feeling to propagate.

9. TinTin_57

I haven’t criticised it either. I just said people will kick off. Watch this space

• Like Like x 1
  10. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

part of me is a bit gutted but part of me understands that rivet wanted to start of easy rather than jumping in to a big hole i won't be getting the route until i see game play but still i won't get it as it's not the size of the route i'm annoyed about it's just i'm not interested in that route i still feel we lack some modern uk trains really only being the 166 and the 377 but who knows what's still to come have to wait and see tomorrow with the roadmap. although yes it's a small route the actual time it takes is around about 45 minutes i believe.

• Like Like x 1
  11. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I’ve been reading the forums and you are right, people are asking for longer routes. Some of them even claimed that once third party can add routes, they will be long. I’m sure we’ll see longer routes in the future by both DTG and Rivet and whoever else contributes. It seems creating longer routes is not just about the lack of laziness or ignorance or malice some like to call DTG. It requires hard work, which takes time. Is 8 miles short, yes it is. Will it be fun, I guess. Will it be worth it, we’ll see once it is out.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I have no doubt people will kick off. I just don’t understand it.

13. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i dont think they would do the I.O.W line because they would have to incorporate the I.O.W steam railway on the route. Plus 8.5 miles would soon get very boring.

14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The evidence seems to suggest otherwise, but until an official announcement the evidence may have been interpreted incorrectly.

15. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

I for one am pretty excited for the IoW line, if the price point is right.

• Like Like x 2