Missing Assetts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pookeyhead, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

I installed the mod that turns the little milk bottles for missing assets into big pink chimneys so you can spot them easier... loaded up WCML Over Shap at Preston Station, and there are pink chimneys everywhere! I check the route in RW Tools, and it comes up with a massive list of missing assetts... thousands of them! How can this happen? How can it still work with so many missing assets?
    I have unpacked the .AP files as he red warning indicates... makes no difference.

Further down, it says that missing items are in Cyan.... but that list is empty... which is the correct list? The main list, or the cyan list? I know there ARE missing assets, as I have the milk/bottles (pink chimneys).

I find RW Tools very unintuitive... can anyone shed some light on this?

634563456.JPG

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

RW Tools does not read in to AP files and if you look in ....\Assets\RSDL\Foliage01 you will find FoliageAssets.ap
    If you have that file the assets are not missing
    If you had unpacked the ap files after reading the report then you need to run it again to see if you get the same result

Peter

And it is worth clicking on "Remove Duplicates from the list"
    You have a full page but it's one item

Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Pookeyhead

OK.. unpacked all .ap files, rechecked and removed dupes... list is now down to two items.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\keithmross\WCML2\scenery\clutter\wcml2_light_street.bin
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RailWorks\Assets\keithmross\WCML2\Scenery\Lights n Signs\Signs Small\Hest Bank\sign_small.bin
    Streetlights makes sense when you see where the milk bottles are.

I'm assuming a file verification through Steam will put them back?

4. Pookeyhead

Just verified game files on Steam, and it said I have 111 failed to verify, and will re-acquire... but for example 4563456.JPG , I still have no "Hest Bank" folder... and the street lights are still missing. How can I get these assets back?

5. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

PH
    I doubt it - I don't have either of those bin files either.
    Perhaps Keith didn't bother to model those 2 features for whatever reason as the missing items seem to be on the road rather than the train tracks. Why don't you try to contact Keith and see if he can shed some light on it?
    What issues are these missing files causing you?
    Why run a game file verification for 2 minor items when un-ticking, (allowing Steam to its bit), and then re-ticking the route in your DLC (via Manage my XXX DLC) would have achieved the same effect?

6. Pookeyhead

There's a mod that turns the little milk bottles into chimneys to help you identify missing assets.. it helps with route building. Obviously though, it also puts whacking great pink chimneys in routes that have missing assets. So at Preston Station, there are pink chimneys everywhere :) Sure.. I could disable the mod, but its really useful normally. It would be easier to resolve these two missing assets from the route if possible.

Because doing so may have resolved similar issues with other routes... which I'd not yet checked for. Your way would have meant ticking and un-ticking every DLC, which would have taken much longer. It didn't take long... my kettle was slower :)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  7. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

PH
    Sorry - I hadn't realised that you were having issues with some, if not all, of your Assetts (sic) and Content - from your original post - I assumed only one route and associated asset(s) was/were involved.
    pH

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  8. Pookeyhead

Drawing attention to a typo.... how mature.

• Like Like x 1