What Got You Into Playing Train Sim World.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Knightfire1964, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Was just wandering what other people's experience is of getting into train sim world mine was watching a youtuber called Squirrel play TSW sand patch grade when it was in early access and my mind was blown away then later came down the line and GWR came out and then founders edition came out for xbox one and i grabbed my chance to play it. and that's how i started of playing tsw. so reply down below how you started playing TSW interested to know how people got into playing this game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

A life long love of trains and railways, so anything that has trains in it I'm pretty much interested lol, plus life long love for gaming, first train sim was the Evening Star on the ZX SPECTRUM+2 when i as about 10, any train game or sim since then I've played if I've been able too.

3. blueghost

blueghost Member

Would play a lot on Simviation and Trainz an Australian simulation on the pc. Then when this version came out it once again became an obsession,could be a lot better but with the platform xbox 1, we have to accept what we have.

4. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Trainz games on the PC years ago. My interest died down but then was reignited with TSW on a console as I didn't have a PC anymore

• Like Like x 1
  5. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Love trains and have an Xbox so it was always going to happen. Southern Belle on Spectrum was my first train sim.

6. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

I'm forever watching Squirrel playing sims on YouTube, and was pleasantly surprised to find TSW on XBox. I hadn't played a train sim since Trainz 2012 and despite there being no route editor, I've had a blast.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Trains. I like trains.

• Like Like x 6
  8. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yep

9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

nice i have been watching him since the days of when he played allot of euro truck simulator which seems so long ago now

10. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

Boredom and frustration during furlough with shooting games online . Not really interested in trains . Just thought I would give it ago while it's on game pass on xbox one X I love the game now bugs an all, also because it has NTP I live in Yorkshire so know the area and era especially the 101. I find it relaxing to play .I have pc now too to play ts2020 now. Good times.roll on 20th August.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Deimenried

Deimenried Member

Yeah, he got me into ETS and ATS. Recently I've also gotten into Derail Valley too.

12. femmerton

femmerton Member

I liked trains from the very start but the Moleman978 got me into train simulation. He got me interested in 2015.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CromerBeach36

CromerBeach36 New Member

Always wanted to drive a DMU, a Metro Cammel/Craven, nice and steady along a branch line, so this gives me what I want

14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Many years ago my dad worked at uks largest marshalling yards. I had memories riding up and down and driving a class 08 when I was 10 years old

15. Microbus

Microbus New Member

I really like trains and I saw this was 50% off in the Xbox store so I thought I'd give it a go.

16. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

My passion for the trains (since my childhood) and the 1st BVE (totally in japanese language :D ) on PC.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  17. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I've always liked trains and simulation games. However, since I've always played on console I never really got into any of them. When TSW came along I watched a few YouTube videos and I found myself completely engrossed in them! I like all types of games but often prefer more relaxing experiences. So when I saw that TSW was not only a realistic simulator but also a good looking, relatively polished one (it's rare among simulators, especially on console) I was immediately interested. I purchased the Founders Edition and have been playing it ever since.

• Like Like x 2
  18. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

My first time playing with a train simulator was Train Simulator 2001on PC. I've been playing Train Sim World on Xbox one since day one back in 2018. I love trains of all types with a passion. My Grandfather, my father and myself have all been Tube train drivers on the London Underground. Some guys love sports but I prefer trains and now so does my fiancée

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 1