Editors? Jay, Have Your Say :-)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by imnew, Nov 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. imnew

imnew New Member

Jay,

Please tell us "something" in regards to the progress on your TSW editors. Will there be a news update with specific information regarding the editors? Release date, 2018 or 2019? Come on Jay....We are desperate for information. Please Jay, say something man :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

And Multiplayer? I dont want to know when it comes, but a bit information what features you are planing... just a service mode with multiplayer or will it have additional features? And yes some informations about the editor would be nice of course too :)

3. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Not much we can say beyond that they are still very much in development and in our plans! No set time frame for when we might release however, ideally 2018!

- Jay

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Now multiplayer is a little further off, still also very much in development but our primary focus out of the two features is content creation tools at this time.

- Jay

• Like Like x 2
  5. imnew

imnew New Member

Thanks for the information Jay.

6. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Any upcoming routes? I’m really hoping that the LIRR is released soon please!?!

7. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

2019 with a fair wind then. :(

8. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Jay: With the (scenario) editor far away did you guys think about to release some scenariopacks like in TS for CSX and GWE to keep the people entertained until the editor will be ready?
    There are sure many scenario possibilities that are not covered so far like coal loading with an AC4400 at Shaw Mines or Class 66 unloading at the other two unloading facilities?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  9. MarkusLiberty

MarkusLiberty Active Member

Any chance there will be a beta available for the content editor? It would be nice to be part of testing it and potentially giving some feedback while it's still being developed :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I agree! There was once a comment left on train-simulator.com by Steve where he said "While we understand how much many of you like to enhance your hobby with our creativity tools, it’s important that these tools are built carefully, with the assistance of your feedback, to ensure they are as powerful and intuitive as we all need them to be." And all I was wondering is "How the heck can we give feedback on tools we know nothing about?" That's like asking "So, what does everyone think of the next route? What should we change?" and the next route hasn't even been announced yet.

• Like Like x 2
  11. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

With DTG struggling to deliver error free content and having to dumb down, remove and modify content to get this game to run smoothly and without crashes, I don't think that they at all are ready to unleash an editor on the public without putting severe limitations on what can be done with it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Everyone can start investigating the editor right now when it comes to asset building, asset function and asset placement. Just the track related things and world-composition informations are missing at now. The UE editor is downloadable for free. Start building your 3d models, bring them to life with scripting and you will have a good start when the editor plugins for TSW are released.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. ricep

ricep New Member

TSW has this huge potential... but without an editor it has a limited life...

If only we could use all the trains in all routes, even with AI turned off. Maybe you could implement this quickly?

Also, my software studio was planning on making content for TSW as there are a couple of train fans here at the office, are you accepting requests for 3rd party route building?

Thanks!

14. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

It's very high priority for us at the moment and we're hoping to have at least a rudimentary build in place within the next few months.

Should have some more news soon!

- Jay

• Like Like x 2
  15. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

A monthly TSW newsletter covering Work in progress might be a good place to start. the lack of information is starting to have negative effects on those that have bought the product so far..

and on a separate note, regarding extra services, might I recommend making the services and scenarios seasonal (i.e. 4 sets of each). that way you will be able to set the vegetation, sunrise/ set times, and timetables (which can change with each season) to something more reflective of real life...

John

• Like Like x 11
  16. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Yeah as a developer, I'd like to get some idea of the features that are being implemented or are being planned. Here are some examples:

1) Google Maps API support
    2) Spiral transition curve tool (known as 'easements' in Railworks)
    3) Track grade/elevation tool that is more functional than the one in Railworks
    4) Ability to manually adjust track superelevation
    5) Signal logic that can be programmed by the developer (instead of having to use DTG's signal logic)

Stuff like that.

• Like Like x 4