Train Sim World 2 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetset-James

Jetset-James Member

Sam and Matt, it really is fantastic news that there’s so much DLC coming to TSW2, but please can I ask, when and if we can expect longer routes? The routes are great but I find it difficult to lose myself in the shorter routes. Please can we have Paddington to Bristol on the electrified line with the class 802 and some of the West Coast Mainline?

J.J

• Like Like x 1
  2. LiquidShadows

LiquidShadows Well-Known Member

SUPER stoked for the Cane Creek Route AND the C40-8W! I would also love to see the addition of the SD70ACe sometime in the future. Can't wait to play this!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Aldarion

Aldarion Member

when stating that Northern Trans-Pennine is in production, does that include the BR Heavy Freight Pack?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Wow, there’s so much to take in and I have a lot of questions to ask regarding the upcoming German DB route and Preserved Collection. Now for the first question regarding Munich–Augsburg railway. Will lines on the Munich such as S1, S2, S4, S6, S7 & S8 be included since they all use BR 423 as the S3? It would be great to see those a.i. trains in traffic. I know the lines will eventually branch off from what I can tell from the S Bahn München map when operating the S3 and BR 403 train from München Hauptbahnhoffrom. Second question for the Preserve Collect. I see that Ruhr-Sieg Nord will get loco add-on DB BR 363 within TSW 2. Does that mean there will be more additional timetable freight services for that route in TSW 2 only?

5. jg2290

jg2290 New Member

Think the road map is good ! But hopefully we will see a British electrified route then some electric loco’s Like 86, 87, 90 .. (eventually) .. for me should be planning a route in the midlands , Scotland or wales rather than another southern route

• Like Like x 5
  6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You might want to take a look at this.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. phips

phips Active Member

Will the BR 101 come with Intercity Coaches and if so will there be a control car? [The control car is a must ;)]

• Like Like x 7
  8. glennblum

glennblum New Member

I have to say I like what the roadmap plans out. Even the logbook part I like. I see The Clinchfield Railroad: Elkhorn - Dante route planned which is a very nice touch. Wil the U36C locomotives be added later like in TS2020?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The BR Heavy Freight pack is on the Road Map. It’s coming later though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Nice- wonder if it will be current-era UP, or heritage Rio Grande?

11. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

My thoughts about the roadmap:

I like most of the routes coming (hopefully Arosa will make it) so great news for me on that front.

I somewhat expected that the "Extended Services" for the Bakerloo line would be on the "Upcoming" section rather than in the "Planning" section, but it is not something that is killing me at the moment.

The thing that has me a bit worried is that none of the points talks about improving the game engine, scheduler, signals, pathing ...

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

Fantastic roadmap. My only gripe is there still aren't any new countries. The Swiss and French routes were in the original Train Simulator. I'm looking forward to both of those routes regardless. I still wish we could get routes from Russia, Japan, Italy, India, etc.

I love the roadmap anyway because it shows me what's upcoming or being considered. I'm looking forward to pretty much everything that was listed so far. Great news.

• Like Like x 2
  13. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

Dovetail, please consider adding a GO Transit route. You already have a large part of the Oakville sub with stations and assets. I would suggest Lakeshore West and Lakeshore East lines. I would like to see modern with MP40s and MP54s with the 300 series Bombardier cab cars but if you think that is too much like the Baby Bullet service, add F59s as they are still operating and would be more unique. Yards could include Mimico, Bathhurst North, Don, and even Whitby. I hope someone will consider this addition.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Allan

Allan Member

I really really like this roadmap. Wow just saw the trailer for Arosa line for Train Simulator and it will be awesome to drive it in TSW 2. Well done to the team and finally.. Just take my damn money for all these beauties coming :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

For the London to Faversham route what depot will the class 395 go to

16. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

A bit underwhelmed tbh. A lot of the routes I already have in TS1 so I don't think I'll be partaking.
    Bit of a shame tbh as it would have been nice to have some variety, ie a Southeastern route we haven't had instead of London to Faversham.

• Like Like x 5
  17. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

So far this roadmap is really good, although, I was expecting newer route that was not done before in the previous Train Simulator Game, but still, I am guessing that all of these routes is going to be a major upgrade with more features and upgrade, which i hope is the case.

I have a question regarding the preserved collection when the preserved collection route is released, does that mean that the routes and train and graphic are major improved and the scenery are all updated and look more crispy and better just like these new routes such as the Bakerloo and the German ICE Route?

Also when the LIRR is released, will the bloom be fixed and with lots of graphic changes and run smoother than before?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  18. hightower

hightower Guest

In response to Allan’s point just above this I’ll make one more point then shut up. It’s obviously nothing personal against you either Allan, it’s just that your post perfectly highlights what I’ve been trying to say.

Without some proper changes to the core of the game routes like the Swiss one you mention will just look terrible, far far worse than they do in TS2020. A route like that is crying out for new skies and a dynamic weather system but putting that aside for a moment, of far greater concern (as one example of many) is that TSW2 has no depth of field and the lighting is completely wrong. New skies etc. are of no use if the lighting remains as is. DTG’s solution is to either shroud everything in fog, or make all the scenarios and many of the services in Journey Mode take place in heavy rain which is just straight up rubbish.

In addition, the shadow draw distance is so short that hills and mountains simply don’t (and won’t) work. If you don’t believe me just play journey mode on the Peninsula Corridor and before long it will break your soul. SoCal is not a particularly hilly region but things that should be in shadow are only shadowed into the near-middle distance, beyond that everything is lit in bright daylight and it just looks so very very wrong. I’m sorry but no amount of blind fanboyism is going to alter that.

These issues should be FAR higher on the priority list than allowing us to start 2 or 3 year old DLC from the beginning again. Yes you should bring the preserved collection across eventually, but DTG have to address these issues as a matter of urgency as it is killing this game and it’s forward prospects. They are far more important even than the scenario or livery editor, particularly in their current, very limited guise.

The reason I’m posting like this on this thread was because I honestly expected this roadmap to tell us when all of this was going to get sorted, or at least that it was on the agenda. I’m bitterly disappointed that it isn’t even mentioned. It’s not like I’m asking for my a specific bit of my local line to be made. These are major problems that have been acknowledged time and again by DTG staff as needing serious and pretty immediate attention.

So that’s it, rant(ing) over. I’m out of this particular merry-go-round. I hope someone somewhere takes some of it onboard because I know that there are many many other people that feel this way.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  19. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I´m just wondering, since the original plan was to not "inlcude" the old routes into TSW2 (via Preserved Collection now), was the plan to support both Versions (TSW and TSW2) with some new Content for some time?
    Or was the development of some of the Loco Addons already started when you deceided to develop TSW2 instead of updating TSW1?

I just find it odd to see Loco Addons for RSN and East Coastway for example on the Roadmap when nothing on the routes itself gets fixed anymore? So are these "leftovers" before you made the decision to move to TSW2 or is it to be expected to see Loco Addons for Preserved Routes in the future?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

I am excited for many of the “in Planning” routes and Locos

• Like Like x 3
  21. dazraz6

dazraz6 New Member

2 things I would like to see going forward.

The In-Game Route Map needs to be properly labelled. Stations/Junctions/Tunnels etc.

Routes need to have more immersion/information. When Driving a Train we should know the names of key locations along the line as a real Train Driver would. Also historical notes regarding the route would be nice.

• Like Like x 7
  22. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

Agree with this - it'd be nice to see something new. I wonder if it's partly because travel to research new routes is likely to remain fairly hard for the foreseeable future. I can see the business sense in something where most of the research already exists right now.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

If I had one complaint is that there is still no Japanese route planned (yet).

Apart from that, the roadmap looks great!

• Like Like x 2
  24. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Is there still a stream this evening to talk about it? I remember in one of the Q&A’s or live gameplay streams they said there would be

25. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This is quite an interesting point. We've been told many times it takes many months to create TSW content and all of a sudden month after the announcement of some support for old DLCs new locos for them pop up in the roadmap.

26. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Efo0HfTXoAYoJT8.jpg During the Koln to Aachen they will discuss it.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

All good stuff, a little disappointed that not much seems to be being done to the core game, but maybe more info will be added in later versions. I would have at least liked to have seen some mention of steam locomotives.

One small point, it would be really helpful when this is updated to show which items have moved upwards with perhaps a up arrow symbol next to the name. Hopefully not much will move down the list!

28. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

In case you didn't see the previous reply, the team that works on core is currently working on Preserved Collection. When they're done with that they'll have new projects.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

I understand all you guys frustration as would i. It's just really crazy that we don't see newer routes and train being added to the game, such as many fans here who love metro north and other high speed trains like in Japan didn't come during TSW 2020. We really need to bring this up when they go on LIVE today at 3:00PM EST, so that we can be heard.

30. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

What does that mean? Does it mean that the team is working on implementing more features and graphic updates to all the preserved collection? Can you clarify more on this in the Stream in a live while, thanks

31. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really like the sound of the BR Class 313. It’s very similar to the Class 507/508 operating on Merseyrail.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Yes because in the roadmap it said 313 ECW

33. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Let me see if I can break it down. Let's take for example, DBB-R6 02 - Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg – Bochum.

D: Deutschland
    BB: Two-letter region code? For example there is also DGG for RSN and DKK for Koln-Achen
    R: Route
    6: Not sure. Maybe a more specific area? Something about continuous routes?
    02: The second route in the area (after RSN)

Other example: GCC-L7 01 - Class 313 (East Coastway)
    G: Great Britain
    CC: Area code matches with the route itself (GCC-R7 01)
    L: Locomotive
    7: Again, not sure
    01: The first locomotive DLC for the region

I might be way off but that is the pattern I see.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  34. Air France 4590

Air France 4590 Member

Hello
    Why is the Taurus included in Hamburg - Lubeck Route ? I paid it 13.99€ and I don’t want to paid it again , this is not fair .

35. Thomas Ham

Thomas Ham Active Member

Can i use the ICE in the Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg – Bochum with LZB and other German routes
    I like to see some Spain Routes on tsw2

• Like Like x 2
  36. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

No, it means the team that usually works on core upgrades are currently working to bring the preserved collection over in their current state (plus the scenario planner) as opposed to remastering them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. artie

artie New Member

Do Windows 10 store owners of Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Hual get any entitlements under the TSW 2 preserved collection?

• Like Like x 1
  38. bkeith

bkeith New Member

This would be a huge increase for this route.

• Like Like x 1
  39. pendolino18

pendolino18 Active Member

Is each feature being developed in the order it has been written in the list?

40. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Loving this Roadmap idea. It's good to see what DTG are planning and working on. Great communication with us and that's all you want from a game developer.
    Happy to see a Southeastern route in the pipeline too!

• Like Like x 2
  41. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Wallet emptied

lol

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  42. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

It is not. That's just the order they're on the list. When you see the first update a lot will have moved.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Since seeing the roadmap I've been trying to feed my PS4 £25 but it's not having it!! :D Take my money already!

• Like Like x 6
  44. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yep happened to me too

45. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Until something you want is announced and then you'll buy it anyway...
    Apparently yes!
    Good luck getting TSW2 to run on the base PS4 (which was outdated seven years ago!) in 1080p at a stable frame rate (already a problem with TSW1) while trying to handle more detailed routes and extra simulation aspects...
    The Class 313, if it is made, will just not be added to TSW1.
    Presumably DTG's own way of identifying patches and content.
    I'm as excited for them being added to TSW as I am excited that they're going to be withdrawn soon in real life.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  46. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see the Clinchfield and Dash-8 add-ons!

Why is the NEC route not being preserved?

• Like Like x 2
  47. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The route was one of the first ones to be developed and converting it too difficult.

48. JGRudnick

To be honest,I kind of digging those colors... I'll have to make them permanent with the livery creator.

• Like Like x 1
  49. JGRudnick

But they are preserving GWE...

50. JGRudnick

I really hope the U36C will be added. Or any old GE (Dash-7 or older) for that matter.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.