Another Train For The Bakerloo Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jeaglesone, Aug 14, 2020.

1. jeaglesone

jeaglesone Member

From what I’ve seen so far, the only train implemented in the upcoming Bakerloo Line route is the Mk2 72 stock. It would be great, for the purposes of scenarios / variety, if another example of the trains found on the underground in real life was added.
    This could be:
    -The engineering trains such as the battery locomotives and goods wagons which can be seen throughout the line.
    -The Overground trains such as the Class 378, or even the 313 or 710, seen between Queens Park and Harrow and Wealdstone.
    Naturally the selected train would be fully driveable and have the standard level of detail/functionality that we usually get on addons.
    It’s not really about what the other train is, it would just be nice to have one for variety and could make for interesting scenario potential.
    (Also, while we’re here, can reversing movements to Kilburn High Road be included and please make the front cab door on the 72 stock openable)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. alexclass315

alexclass315 New Member

yes, most likely if an overground train is included it would be a 710 as the route is set in modern day, and it would certainly make the route a bit more interesting. engineers trains would also be very cool and unique

• Like Like x 2
  3. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

Matt has said the WCML tracks are not useable and if you walk on them you will likely fall through the map. Plus, I reckon it's a GWE situation where the OHLE isn't working as intended, AKA, not switched on

• Like Like x 1
  4. alexclass315

alexclass315 New Member

they can still have an overground train or engineers train on the DC lines

• Like Like x 2
  5. jeaglesone

jeaglesone Member

Like Alex said, I mean the overground trains (class 313, 378, 508, 710, etc) that run on the Bakerloo Line tracks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

I find it stupid that the front door of the 72 Stock cant be opened. In real life it can I don't see a problem

• Like Like x 3
  7. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Same, but then how often are we gong to use it - only when setting up and setting down a train at the depot.

8. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

And. You can't spawn on foot at the E+C stabling point?

9. jeaglesone

jeaglesone Member

Update:
    The TSW2 roadmap has revealed that a class 313/2 is to be created, so the viability of creating a class 313/1 for the Bakerloo has increased significantly

• Like Like x 2
  10. aidanhughes1

aidanhughes1 New Member

You could probably make your own overground 313 with the livery editor and run it in scenario planner so they probably won't add it as an official livery. plus they would need to get a license for london overground so unless they were doing a proper london overground route it wouldn't make sense.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jeaglesone

jeaglesone Member

If they have the licensing to do the Underground they can probably do overground. I’m not very good with reskins and it’s not possible to share addons.
    Besides, 313/1s and 313/2s have different cabs and look different externally

12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

TfL own all roundel logoed branding - i.e. former London Transport identity. Its only private operators who run the service on behalf of TfL, Arriva is Overground and TfL is the tube. So they can use the branding as it’s the same logo just with Overground on the roundel.

13. TSW 2

TSW 2 New Member