Preserved Collections

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by friskey.marcedes, Aug 18, 2020.

1. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

As I came to TSW through Gamepass I never bought the game, thought about it but decided to buy numerous DLCs instead.
    There was a question on tonight's stream about whether Gamepass DLC will be added to your preserved collections. I am not too bothered about not getting loyalty discount - £2 plus change isn't a big dal but having spent a lot of DLC money on Trans Pennine,etc what would happen to that?
    As the track DLC are on my hard drive hopefully that will be reognised by TSW2 and be transferred across. Hopefully that is the answer and I don't need to worry. Can DTG confirm? Why aren't Preserved Collections on new TSW2 streams on start menu?

2. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

I would definitely say your DLC will transfer across no problem . You have brought it separately from the game .
    I brought TSW before it was available on gamepass and also have gamepass . Also I’ve taken advantage of the discounts offered by gamepass .The DLC won’t be recognised differently if it was brought through a discount owning gamepass or not . Well I’m pretty sure it can’t be .
    Good question though .

• Like Like x 1
  3. daviddaz

daviddaz Member

Just caught up with last nights stream .
    All DLC your brought you own so there’s no problems with that getting transferred over to TSW2 .
    The only possible problem is the original content that comes with TSW2020 for gamepass owners and how that will be dealt with . But that’s something there looking in to that .

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Anything you have purchased, regardless of the discounts should count as owned and therefore automatically carry across once ready. What isn't clear...the Game Pass routes. For now, if you are on a subscription/game remains on there, this should technically count as an active licence. Simply keeping things installed is no guarantee they'll work because of the licence status. The routes on here include GWE (core game), NTP, MSB and LIRR. This is what you get in the TSW 2020 standard edition.

So either they check you purchased them as part of a bundle/individually (then mark TSW2 versions as owned on your Microsoft account) OR they simply check the licence status (disc inserted/active Game Pass) and grant access that way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. friskey.marcedes

friskey.marcedes Active Member

Thanks for the helpful reply but I've got a sinking feeling this could be a train crash...DTG please be nice to us poor Gamepass owners - especially as I've spent north of £100 on DLC for the game already so I know what poverty means...

6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Can someone at DTG explain.

I own the first release of TSW2020 on disc and now on Thursday need to purchase the downloaded version of TSW2020 to get my preserved collection transferred to TSW2.

Seems an expensive way to save your preserved collection!

7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

you should have updated to tsw 2020 so you should be fine and your dlc are still downloaded

8. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

If you own TSW2020 on disk you do not need to buy it again to get your Preserved Collection. Please await further instructions.

Anything you own digitally will transfer across as it becomes available.

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Your £100 of DLC I think will be good to go once the routes are ready in TSW 2. However, Game Pass is not ownership of the game and I'd recommend buying the core game to be sure those add-ons like Great Western Express work in the next game. I don't even think the launch discount will apply for Game Pass but only to owners of TSW.

• Like Like x 1