Where Is Multiplayer!?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jhtrainspotter, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Jhtrainspotter

Jhtrainspotter New Member

After looking at TSW2 roadmap, and seeing some exciting add-ons. I didn't see any mention at all of Multiplayer in the future. Multiplayer is easily one of the most suggested features that we would like to see being acknowledged by a member of the DTG TSW2 Team. Definitely tuning into the stream tonight

• Like Like x 1
  2. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

In the stream, Sam said that Multiplayer was going to incorporated soon. I was wondering what scenarios you might think multiplayer would be stellar in.

3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Sam had joked about multiplayer saying it would come out when it comes out TBH I really don't care about multiplayer

4. dah_benguu

dah_benguu Member

Yeah same. I don't really have anyone to play it with. BUT it would be nice to have that feature implemented tho.

5. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah I would maybe use it once in a while

6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t interest me. Sorry

• Like Like x 1
  7. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too

8. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I would rather have better sky, better trees and shadows. I don't have anyone to play with so I'm not keen on MP.

9. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

The roadmap isn't just what they'll/want to do. Once preserved collection is out the way I reckon we'll see a variety of content and features make its way onto the roadmap. Worth remembering things can and probably will get added and removed from the roadmap through the fortnightly updates.

10. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Matt had said three years ago in a official train simulator video that has been removed ever since that multiplayer was coming. It's almost been 4 years and nothing. You even had a DTG employee say to someone on steam in August last year that he wasn't aware of future plans to add multiplayer. That doesn't make sense. I guess DTG has poor communication. Anyways, I think Matt needs to consult with his higher-ups at DTG before making promises he can't keep

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

From the FAQ when TSW2 was announced...

We want to bring Multiplayer to Train Sim World, and we now have a design that we think will give a great social experience. It’s been crucial to design based on the experience of the mode, bringing the right roles and communication to our online experience. Multiplayer is not part of Train Sim World 2, but it’s on our future roadmap.”

It’s on their internal roadmap already so I can’t see it being too long before it’s on the public roadmap. Timeframe estimate from me - up and running within two years, possibly within one year. I’m guessing certainly no sooner than that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  12. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Ugh.

That's not an ideal piece of phrasing. "HOW MANY ROADMAPS DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE!!!11?"

To clarify: multiplayer is on our to-do list and will form part of a major update if it is done. It will appear on the roadmap when work on it is underway.

• Like Like x 3