Tsw2 Cane Creek

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by JGRudnick, Aug 19, 2020.

1. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

After a little bit of searching, I am really excited for this (hopefully) upcoming route.

But why another AC4400CW? To be honest, I'm getting tired of the same locos over and over, when there are lots more to chose from!
    However, I do have a suggestion.
    Since it comes with an AC44, I can only assume it is a UP route, since the D&RGW didn't have any. So why not an SD70M? It wouldn't be the same locomotive, UP still uses them, and it would be the first EMD wide cab road locomotive in the game. UP_4826_EMD_SD70M.jpg UP_SD70M.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I want a UP ET44AC or SD70ACe-T4 as a DLC for this route. An AC6000CW, SD60M, and SD70ACe could be good DLC as well. The SD70M is cool, too. Also where is Cane Creek located? I guess I'll find out in a few months or so.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea with a SD70 to start off. However I don't mind the AC44 for the route as there hasen't been more GE models lately (except for the upcoming Dash 8). And remember, not only the AC44 is gonna be reused for this route, but the SD40-2 as well. I would've hoped for something different for a local/switching loco like another GP40 or a GP60. And to make this fair (for those that don't like the AC44), a different kind of a heavy hauler like a Dash 9 or an SD60M.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JGRudnick

Look up UP Cane Creek Branch. I found a few good sites and lots of amazing photos. I know it's in Utah, but I'm not sure exactly where.

5. JGRudnick

I understand the SD40-2 being reused so much since it was one, if not the, best selling locomotive model and most still survive to this day, especially with the SD40-3 rebuilds many roads are doing.

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It also depends on how much reference material they can get.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Challenger3985

And as I put it in my other post, this is why I don't like the popular types like the SD40-2. But I guess if this what Skyhook gonna decide on the locos (reused as always) for this route, then I guess i'm gonna wait until another Road-Switcher is made as an add-on. Even though Cane Creek is still in the planning phase on the roadmap.

8. Challenger3985

And to anyone that doesn't know this line, Cane Creek Branch is once a Rio Grande Branchline, now runs by UP, from Brendel (next to the mainline) to Potash in Utah.

This site will help out with more info; www.drgw.net/info/canecreekbranch

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the SD40T-2 make it as a loco DLC in both UP and DRGW colors, even into the 2000s some unpatched Rio Grande units still worked out of Helper.
    drgw-5361-brendel_ut-[20-jul-2001]-000-2160x1440.jpg

And here is a UP painted one on another Potash Local (2nd Unit).
    a.png

• Like Like x 4
  10. FabricioLeandro

FabricioLeandro New Member

11. JGRudnick

Yeah, they probably can't travel to get more material and since the AC4400 and SD40-2 is already in the game, it is pretty easy to create, they might need just a few railroad specific alterations, which could be done by looking at photos. Maybe once the virus settles down, if they can get out to do some reference, maybe they will pick different locos.

• Like Like x 1
  12. atevetrago

atevetrago New Member

Cane Creek use some GP 40-2 is coming to be in the game?

13. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

Guys, bring this conversation to Skyhook games. The route is still in planning, so perhaps they will listen. You all make some fine points too - pretty sure they are using the AC4400 and SD-40 because they are there already, at worst they would have to make new skins for them. This surely beats creating an all new locomotive which can be quite harder than creating a route (environment essentially). I personally am kind of tired of seeing these already. At least it doesn't have GP-38's in it :D This is actually why I'm looking forward to Clinchfield more than Cane Creek, because at least with Clinchfield we will get F7's. Also, seeing as how Union Pacific literally has the majority of them, I wouldn't mind seeing a UP verison of the MP15DC. Funny how Caltrain has only 2 and UP has over 90 of them.

• Like Like x 4