Ac4400cw Engineer's Main Screen 1 Immersive Controls?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by BBIAJ, Aug 20, 2020.

1. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

How do you access this screen via Immersive controls?

I could find no way of doing this during the tutorial, and had to toggle to Classic controls, hold in the Right Stick, select Engineer's Main Screen 1, press the buttons, click Right Stick again, go to cab view, then toggle back to Immersive controls.

Pretty immersion breaking, so knowing how to do this correctly would be great.

2. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I'm still in the process of downloading, but can you push the left stick up to zoom in close enough to be able to use the screen?

3. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

You can't. The fact that the game forces you to use immersive controls is further insult to injury. A major oversight.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

You can zoom in no problem, but it doesn't count as actually looking at the screen.

5. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous, makes you feel like they didn't even test it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DXR8002

Tell me about it. A work around I've found is to make sure immersive controls are the default before loading up a scenario or whatever so you don't get the prompt to change then as soon as the game loads change to classic, I'm on ps4 but I imagine it's the same.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

I think I have mine set that way, so that particular tutorial loads in using Immersive, but doesn't tell you how to look at the screen.

I find the lack of camera options annoying in Immersive though, so I may just stick with Classic for the time being, as it is all in muscle memory.

8. DXR8002

Honestly the zoom function is not worth the trade off of losing all the extra camera angles so I'm sticking with classic as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I see what you were saying. It's an issue with the tutorial itself because it won't let you continue unless you are set to Classic controls. That is quite concerning. (The zoom works fine in a service.)

As far as the control scheme goes, I was playing LIRR in TSW 2020 tonight and wanted to check a close signal at Jamaica that I couldn't see from the cab. To me, it was much more 'immersive' to have the Headout View at easy disposal than it would have been trying to fly around with an external camera to see the signal. I will try the Immersive controls a little, but I have a feeling I will go back to Classic relatively quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Sadly it frequently seems that they don't test consoles. There's always going to be a few bugs on release, but something like this means they can't even have tested the tutorial on console.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Same issue applies with the Coal Loading tutorial, back to Classic controls I go...