Microsoft Store (pc) To Steam - Preserved Collection

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ItsRobbo, Aug 20, 2020.

1. ItsRobbo

ItsRobbo New Member

How will I be able to transfer my Microsoft Store (On PC) content to Steam - I understand there is not going to be a Windows 10 Version. I never brought the content on Steam. How do I go around transferring to Steam Later?

I have a lot of content from the Microsoft Store I brought for my PC edition.

2. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

You can't, the Xbox content is locked to Xbox

3. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

Yes but ItsRobbo isn't actually asking about Xbox content. They're asking about PC content bought through Windows store rather than Steam.

I suspect the answer is still "no" but it's kind of unsatisfactory - DTG sold TSW on Windows store but aren't (I don't think...) planning on bringing TSW2 to it. It's a bit rubbish for the people who bet on the wrong storefront.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Most Xbox games can not be played on PC. Only the ones tagged as "Play Anywhere" can be played on Xbox and PC.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  5. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

Is it that hard to read the OP, he says he's on pc...
    I would send a mail to DTG and see what they say, maybe they just didn't think about it and comes up with a solution.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ItsRobbo

ItsRobbo New Member

Just to clarify on the points above, I don't own an Xbox, so I had no plans to even have any use even if it could be used on Xbox. I brought it simply for my PC edition.

I'll contact DTG and see if they're able to give me the content via Steam, otherwise I've pretty much lost the content as I don't have any plans (or room) to keep two game versions just for the old routes.

Once I get a reply, I'll let you know what they say.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

As there is no Win 10 store version of TSW2 there's nothing for us to convert older add-ons to. Preserved Collection stays with the platform, and at present there's no plan for a Win 10 store version of the new game.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  8. jazznsf

jazznsf Member

Wow. So all the DLC purchased for PC is effectively marooned? Well that's a fine how-do-you-do...

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Marooned is a good way to describe it. You still have access to everything with the old game, but it can't be transferred between platforms (even if it's one PC platform to another PC platform).

10. ItsRobbo

ItsRobbo New Member

That's quite sad to hear and there will probably be others in my position. I brought quite a lot of DLC on the Win 10 Version because I assumed PC was one large platform and it was just a marketing strategy to release on two platforms.

Understandable though from a platform and marketing aspect as to the reasons behind using one distribution platform though.

Microsoft said they would refund me my DLC on live chat today after hearing my issue and said they understood my situation I was in. I feel bad from taking it away from hard working people, so I'll just re-invest it on Steam for the DLC's.

Quite a bummer but it's all good, because I'll get the DLC on Steam now either way, even if it takes a bit of time.

Thanks for the swift response everyone :)

• Like Like x 3
  11. stevej61

stevej61 New Member

its good that microsoft are refunding you tho....guess they must appreciate all the hard earned cash you spent.