Xbox Pzb Hud - Koln To Aachen

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by lukereynolds1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. lukereynolds1

lukereynolds1 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Loving the game so far - thank you so much for the effort that has gone into it. It is great!

However, their is an inaccuracy on the HUD regarding PZB. When PZB is activated along the route by a signal or speed restriction, the "85" light should flash on the HUD, even when the 1000hz light goes out. This happened in TSW 2020 as an alert that the train is still under PZB conditions, and only stops flashing when you are clear to proceed to normal speeds.

On TSW2, the "85" light doesn't flash on the HUD. It only flashes on the actual display screen in the cab. This is problematic, as it is not always clear from the HUD as to whether the train is still under PZB conditions, or whether the train can resume normal speed.

Please can this be looked into?
    Many thanks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Ive noticed that too. The screen in the train still has it flashing, but the HUD doesn’t. It could cause some issues with unexpected Zwanbremsung.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lukereynolds1

I agree. It's OK for me, as I'm now used to PZB, but for a beginner it would a nightmare and make the game incredibly difficult without that on the HUD.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

But if you have the 85 on your HUD (flashing or not flashing) you already are under PZB. When the line switch in LZB the 85 disappear from the HUD.. and the B turn in U.

5. lukereynolds1

When PZB is switched on in the cab, "85" will always appear on the HUD (apart from during LZB, like you said). When you hit a 1000hz magnet or a speed restriction, the 85 should flash and it should continue to flash, even when the 1000hz magnet goes out, as a reminder that you are still travelling under restricted speed, and you need to follow the correct procedures. The 85 flashes on the actual train display, but it's difficult to see without zooming in, hence why it's needed on the HUD, as it always has been in TSW2020.

6. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

When the 1000hz magnet goes out the yellow icon goes out too and you can (or have to) release the PZB (frei) except if there is a new "warning aspect" within the next 550meters.

I think this new solution for the HUD its the best otherwise with the new LZB feature and the more detailed brakes icons the new HUD it would become too chaotic (if your eyes looking mainly for hud they hardy catch the train display too).

We only need to "training" our eyes (and our mind) to this new HUD/scheme (and on train display the 85 is very clean also or expecially without hud). Personally I think the new HUD looks more simulation oriented and less arcade.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  7. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Same for PC, this is not so good, because the flashing sign still means that a sped limit applies.

• Like Like x 1