Framerate Capping

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LucaW, Aug 20, 2020.

1. LucaW

LucaW New Member

Good morning,

Does anyone know if TSW 2 is FPS capped please? Wondering whether to buy an Xbox One X seeing as they're so cheap on Amazon currently, but it'd only really be worth it if I could get the best performance out of it.

Cheers.

2. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

I would wait a couple of months for the new xbox release. It will be more expensive, but the performance increase between the S and X is minimal. According to the streams, the FPS is not capped.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LucaW

LucaW New Member

Didn't DTG say TSW2 won't be coming out for the next gen for ages?

4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

With the Xbox One X you'll get higher definition output and faster framerates than the standard because it's a meatier machine. I was using it in two of the recent live streams this week and so if you go and look at tohse (mon and tue if i recall) you will be able to see for yourself how it performs ( we show the frame counter and talk about it) and make a decision for yourself based on that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. olikas.g

olikas.g Member

They did. But the consoles are backward compatible so if you run the same game on a much more powerful console, then you should get a better experience. Utilising all the new features of next gen consoles is what Mat was talking about. E.g. the asset loading is a new proposed feature for next gen, but the game will not utilise it in the near future.

I use the Xbox One S, which is the oldest model, so upgrading to One X would give me 4K support, and very minimal performance update. But I will wait for the next gen, so when new games with next gen support come out, I don't need to buy another console. I hope it helps.

6. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Wait for Xbox series x

7. LucaW

LucaW New Member

Cheers everyone.

8. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

No, it's not capped. In 1080p (HD) mode most of the routes run at around 40-60 fps, overall much better than TSW 2020. 4K mode often runs slower, as I experienced right at the first Sand Patch Grade training (you can switch between modes at any time via the options menu), but it's to be expected. Not locking the framerate is a good thing now, though, because in a few months the Series X will arrive and with its powerful CPU it will probably brute force the whole game to 60 fps, hopefully even in 4K mode.

9. sVig

sVig Member

I'd prefer a frame cap option because even on the One X, running it from a SSD, TSW 2020 runs really rather sloppily.
    Haven't tried TSW2 yet.

10. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

Hi Matt

Very impressed so far with how it performs on the Xbox One X. To me the resolution is night and day from TSW 2020. Even ECW almost looks like a new route, with the increased level of detail. Enjoying the new controls also.