PlayStation Köln-aachen Low Texture Resolution

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Aug 20, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not reporting this as a bug just yet but...

Has anyone noticed how low the resolution of the textures of the nearby scenery is on standard PS4 in the Köln-Aachen route?

It actually looks like it’s not rendering properly. The reflections in the windscreen look like bad TV reception in the olden days, in fact the trees and track look like this too. I don’t know if this is a bug or if it’s just how they get high speed to work on consoles.

Both the console streams were on higher spec console like the PS4 Pro. It doesn’t look like those streams at all. If this isn’t a bug then I’m not sure the standard PS4 can handle high speed if this is how low res the textures have to be. It’s really bad. Unplayable bad.

I’m feeling a bit down about this, as not only have I not seen anything that is an improvement on TSW2020, I have seen some things that are worse. The fuzzy appearance of Köln-Aachen is far below the standard of anything in TSW2020.

Please tell me this is a fixable bug. It is only the appearance of this route (although a couple of trains loaded as fuzz in SPG but then looked fine after a couple of seconds). I’ve been bigging up Dovetail about this game up to now.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I noticed that but only when in cab. Outside camera renders them fine. I suspect it's a bug that can be fixed

• Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Right, thanks. I noticed that for a brief moment it corrected itself and went to smooth textures for about half a second then back to the fuzz. I had to turn the game off as I was getting frustrated with it, hence my ratty post. I’ll report it as a bug if nobody else does but for the moment, I need a lie down.

4. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Can you post a screenshot of it? I'm sure if its some false texture layer being displayed we will be able to spot this easily.

Will try it later on standard xbox as well, lets see if it happens there also. Should be the weakest operating system so I expect yes...

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

6. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Ok, could do some testing:
    - happened to me on xbox as well but in a far lesser amount, nowhere near to the extend of your screenshots
    - mostly noticeable at slow speeds (<120 km/h)
    - only incab on ICE 3

Maybe some reflections which can't be displayed properly? Over all I think as well that this is something that's definetely solveable.

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnpaulread07

johnpaulread07 New Member

i have the same problem on ps4, hopefully they fix it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG Protagonist sorry this isn’t in the tech reports forum but as I’ve put it here, I’ll not repost it there, but it looks like a graphics bug after all.

9. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Glad to see I’m not the only person who’s got this issue on a standard PS4. The textures are downright awful, overhead lines flicker, trees look poor, track flickers too and all this was sat in the station waiting for boarding to finish.

10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s looking pretty bad, luckily it’s so bad compared to other platforms it seems like a bug that could be fixed (hopefully)

11. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Same on here on Koln route... i have a standard PS4 and seems that on old console there is more problems, the game freezing when another train pass, also in the different weather or time in day have some difference on the issues. Don’t know why nobody from the DTG didnt test it??? Cmoon, how you can release a game with these bugs already...

Attached Files:

12. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I noticed it reduced at higher speeds.