Euro Fishing Mc Is 100% Broken And Uncatchable.

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by Candles, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Candles

Candles Member

I posted a thread a little over a month ago about the possibility of MC not being catchable on the Xbox One after the August 30th update. This update fixed fish only biting the correct hook sizes. MC was the only boss fish from Foundry Dock that I was missing and close to two months has past now and I still haven’t caught it. I haven’t seen a single YouTube video, Xbox screenshot, or a new person on the leaderboard to suggest that anyone has caught it. Since then another thread was made by another user on here, suggesting the exact same thing, so it’s not just me. I’ve spoken to many people and they all agree, it is 100% broken and uncatchable. Between myself and two other people in particular, I’d say we’ve amassed at least 200 hours and none of us have caught MC. I’ve seen screenshots of Xbox players catching MC on back to back days or twice in a single session before the August 30th update, but not a single piece of evidence that anyone has caught it in the two months since. Anyone who offers advice on how to catch MC are people that had caught it prior to August 30th and have since moved on to Manor, not quite understanding what has happened.

DTG Stephen kindly looked into this matter and stated that MC was in the lake. So we know the fish is there, but the update clearly broke or glitched it from biting at all. This makes this achievement for catching all Foundry Dock fish 100% unobtainable unless you had caught this fish prior to August 30th.

They’re have been concerns that The Big Ghostie is this way on Manor Farm, so there is definitely a bug that prevents some fish from taking bait even though they are in the lake.

The Big Ghostie and MC are definitely 100% uncatchable.

I’m pretty confident Wrighty is also uncatchable.

I also haven’t caught Chunk and others have told me they believe this fish is also uncatchable.

Please fix these uncatchable fish for the next update for those of us who have worked hard towards getting all the boss fish and achievements.

2. smaugey

smaugey Member

Completely concur, Chunk, and MC are not there, maybe in the lake, but not catch-able, I've used every rig, every bait, plenty of hours, all other fish caught, inc Warrior is comparable weight wise, so I can only agree with Candles.

3. GTAVKRONIKZ

GTAVKRONIKZ Member

Ditto .only today I tried for 4 hours,with I no isn't a great deal of time.having said that have seen no shots or any mention anyware.both big ghostie and mc wrightys..plz look into this dev team..

4. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

I would add that Twinkle Toes' name is showing as "Marley" when caught on XB1.

5. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

I'll have another look into it to check whether or not they can be caught.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Candles

Candles Member

Thanks, it’s much appreciated

7. smaugey

smaugey Member

Thank you :)

8. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Great news

9. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Offtopic: I love your avatar pic. Did that happen to you with that big boy swimming under the rods ?

10. GTAVKRONIKZ

GTAVKRONIKZ Member

Haha nah a friend sent me the pic not sure ware it's from bud☺

11. Cryo Darkness

Cryo Darkness Member

i have a similer problem on presa del monte bravo have been trying for 4 weeks now to catch trigger and have caught the other two boss roach clarence and tinks 10+ times 4 weeks of gameplay and he doesn't show something is not quite right i have been using the baits that you guys suggested but still nothing has anyone else been unable to catch this fish? the gimmick with trigger was he ate big baits that other roach wouldn't before the AI update but now it seems impossible to catch i have even glitched into the lake and witnessed every other boss fish spawn but him....

12. smaugey

smaugey Member

13. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

I have managed to catch The Chunk. I just need to catch the other 3 now.

14. smaugey

smaugey Member

How on earth did you manage to catch him?! DTG_Stephen

15. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Debug tools to see where he is and then a lot of patience waiting for him to bite.

16. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

How many Tackle Points does it take to unlock the debug tools? :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

No debug tools for you :P

Update: I have also managed to catch MCs

• Like Like x 1
  18. GTAVKRONIKZ

GTAVKRONIKZ Member

Hopefully it's catchable now then.

19. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

All three of the Foundry Dock boss fish that were mentioned have been caught, we didn't make any changes to their AI for me to do so. It just requires a lot of patience.

20. GTAVKRONIKZ

GTAVKRONIKZ Member

So how come we can't catch him dtgs?

21. Candles

Candles Member

Wow, I’m shocked with your catches. A few questions if you don’t mind.

This was on Xbox, correct? Was this the same version of the game that the rest of us are playing? All the same updates and everything?

Could you please give any specifics as far as bait, hook, location, time of day, weather, wind, and anything else that you remember? I’m curious how similar or different the setup and settings are compared to what we have all tried.

As for having patience, we’ve been trying for two months with no luck. Surely one of us who are after them would have caught something. This map is rather small and simple and the rest of the boss carp take turns jumping on the hook.

Again, it’s really appreciated that you are helping all of us with this issue

• Like Like x 2
  22. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

I caught it on the PC but with the same build version as you have on your Xbox. We have also been able to see from our telemetry that they have been caught.

My tackle box had the following:
    • Korda IQ-D Rig 4
    • Korda KD Rig 6
    • Pop Up Tiger Nuts 20mm
    • Royal Marine 18mm
    • Liver Pro 16mm
    • Korda Pop Up Dumbell 18mm
    I can't remember which combination I was using when I actually caught them or the specifics of the weather. MC's was the quickest to be caught and Wrighty's was the most stubborn about taking the bait. I caught them all along the side of the lake shown in this screenshot. One was in the corner to the other side of the bridge and the third was on the jetty in the corner by the canal boats.
    20171102132948_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  23. Candles

Candles Member

I appreciate all of the info and I think the picture you posted is very important.

You stated that you did this on the PC, and it was the exact same thing that we are playing on the Xbox One. I think that’s our problem here, it’s not the same and that’s why you may not be experiencing this like we are. Your picture of MC shows the space bar command, indicating you are definitely on the PC, but the big issue is MCs weight. You’re showing a 42lb fish being caught. On the Xbox, MC weighs 90lbs, even though the anglers log says that it should only weigh 42lbs, like the one you caught on the PC. Ever since Foundry was released, we’ve had four fish that weigh much more than what they say they should in the anglers log.

Foxy should weigh 28 according to the anglers log, but actually weighs 62 on Xbox

Chunk should weigh 31 according to the anglers log, but actually weighs 71 on Xbox

Wrighty should weigh 33 according to the anglers log, but actually weighs 73 on Xbox

MC should weigh 42 according to the anglers log, but actually weighs 90 on Xbox

Because the game was broken and any fish could be caught on any hook, these fish were all catchable before the August 30th update. A size four hook could get you a 1lb roach or a 90lb MC. Once the update came out and fixed the fish only biting the correct hook sizes, Chunk, Wrighty, and MC seemingly vanished. Foxy didn’t though and I have a decent theory as to why. Cutts is the largest carp in the game at 65lbs, so carp that are bigger than that can’t be hooked now that the hooks were fixed. Foxy’s 61lbs is under that of Cutts, the largest carp. Where as the other three weigh more than 65lbs and have not been caught because they weigh more than they should and will not take the hook. I’m willing to bet that fixing the weight on these fish will solve all the issues here.

I believe there are two possibilities to this now that we know this seems to be a non PC issue.

• The incorrect weight of these fish made them too big and impossible to hook after the hooks were fixed on August 30th
    • To a lesser extent, possibly the debug tools you used showed them in the lake for PC, but are actually missing on the X1 after the update.

I’d say fixing their weights is a good bet that this will solve all of our problems. Even if it’s not the cause of this, at least we have a good starting point knowing this issue isn’t happening on the PC, but seems to be an Xbox issue.

I’d also like to add that the last patch was supposed to fix the name for Twinkle Toes. The anglers log has Twinkle Toes as the name for the ghost carp, yet it is still being caught as Marley. I’ve also read through all the previous updates’ patch notes and I haven’t seen anything mentioned about the weights of these four fish being fixed, so I assume you guys aren’t aware of this? I can provide pictures for proof if you would like. I have screenshots of Chunk and Wrighty that I caught before the August 30th update.

I know this is asking a lot, but if you guys could please try playing this like we are playing this, that would put this in perspective a bit more. Use a standard Xbox One, with a consumer copy of the game, complete with all the updates and I can guarantee that you won’t be able to catch them. Even by casting out right where the debug tools show they should be. If by some chance anyone on your team can catch these fish under the same circumstances as us, I’ll gladly call myself a fool and be ecstatic that they are catchable. But after realizing that you guys aren’t seeing what we are experiencing because the PC doesn’t have this issue, I stand by my claims about these fish being uncatchable more than ever.

Thanks for reading and I’m sorry if I come across too sure of myself, but after seeing that picture of you catching MC on the PC, I think this should solve the problem as to why you are getting much different results than us. I know this is a mouthful, but I really think this will finally help solve the issue for those of us dealing with this for two months.

• Like Like x 3
  24. GTAVKRONIKZ

GTAVKRONIKZ Member

Makes sense that does.its got to be the weights that's messing this up.

25. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thanks for pointing this out to us. I have passed this onto the development team and they will look into it. We'll keep you updated and thank you ever so much for your detailed feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Ixhuntxpandas

Ixhuntxpandas New Member

Any word on this? I've been trying to catch Chunk and MC's for weeks with no luck.

Also just did a 4 hour real time session and caught Bright Eyes x3, Big Scales x3, and Mr. Perfect x2. I just want my last two boss fish on foundry :(

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  27. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

They haven't had a chance to look at it yet as they have been working on getting the update finished and released.

28. Ixhuntxpandas

Ixhuntxpandas New Member

Thank you for the reply Stephen. I absolutely love this game and the community, I will keep an eye on this thread and try not to bother you!

29. Ixhuntxpandas

Ixhuntxpandas New Member

Has anyone else caught these fish recently? I have to be over 150 hours now and still nothing.

30. Candles

Candles Member

I know you guys have been busy with the new map, but is there any news on this by chance?

31. smaugey

smaugey Member

Yeah eager to get this complete ASAP, thus far no one on TA has unlocked it since 21st of October, and no one has unlocked the Manor Farm all boss fish achievement, I must say thank you for not having a catch all the boss fish achievement in your latest DLC, disheartening when it's pure RNG and broken in some cases.

• Like Like x 1
  32. GTAVKRONIKZ

GTAVKRONIKZ Member

Every update brings a problem

• Like Like x 1
  33. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We're working on a fix which should allow you to catch the fish in question. We need to test it to see if it has solved the problem.

34. Bacon Hoarder

Bacon Hoarder New Member

That's great to hear!

35. smaugey

smaugey Member

Huzzah!

36. Candles

Candles Member

Awesome! Such great news! Hopefully everything checks out okay through the testing

37. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Will this fix allow us to finally catch the big ghostie on Manor Farm?

38. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

That is something we would need to test when the fix is in place.

39. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Glad to see that you are working on a fix for this I was going to report this today as I have just caught marley (twinkle toes) correct name. Would be great to see Grass carp and maybe other species of fish such as perch, Crucian Carp and Pike too. I would like more variety in the species of fish you can catch as I think it would make the game alot better

• Like Like x 1
  40. Benn

Benn Member

Can we have them?! Hahaha :p

41. anthony91919191

anthony91919191 Member

Hi just caught chunk , wow it’s a whopper , sure it was 71 lbs , but on the list for boss fish came up as 31lbs , probably another fault , it was a fight all the way in ..

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  42. Master110

Master110 Active Member

LOL

43. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Yeah it's broken. MC's is also broken at something like 91lb. Been broken like that ever since the lake released last year.