Xbox Performance Issues Xbox One

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by dskxalive, Aug 20, 2020.

1. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

Bakerloo Line: In the tunnels it feels smooth. It feels like I’m getting at least 30fps and it’s stable.

The above ground section is appalling. I’m confident I am not getting 30fps at any point of the above ground section and at whatever FPS I am getting it is not stable at it either. I’m getting constant FPS fluctuations, sometimes when passing other trains, other times at random. I’m getting complete freezes every 30 seconds or so (for a second at least). This to me feels like tile stutter from TS Classic, but instead of a drop in FPS it just freezes the game completely.

What a god damn shame this is. I was just driving through the tunnels thinking “wow, this is running really well, they’ve actually done a good job at this”, and then boom, as soon as you come out the tunnel at Queen’s Park the performance goes...

So much for “It’ll run as good as TSW2020, if not better”...

Honestly makes me wonder if it was even tested it on the original Xbox/ PS4. Is that why they were never shown on streams? Or did you purposely not show them on stream because you know how bad the performance is?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve had no issues on PS4 Pro in terms of performance so far, but the fans run like mad, especially in pause/menu screens, which seems odd.

3. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

Just one example of stuttering on Xbox One

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wooki74

Wooki74 Active Member

I find running it only in hd helps not in 4 k.

5. dskxalive

dskxalive Active Member

I’m on original Xbox One, so 4K wouldn’t be an option anyway.

6. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

I'm running on Xbox one S, just tried it on my sons one S too. The game has crashed on me 8 times now this morning, no apparent reason, twice I was in livery editor, other times on Sand patch grade, just cuts off and straight back to home screen, then everytime I reload the game it's like the first time turning it on and goes straight into the tutorials.
    Think I might have to get a refund on this if it's not fixed asap, no point doing anything as you get half way through repainting or driving and you loose everything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. roggek

roggek Active Member

8. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

I can confirm that this can help the game run smoother.
    When I was having problems with the Miles Platting crash on my original xbox one, I followed the instructions in the article below and also reduced the percentage of storage space used from above 90% to 50%. This stopped the game from crashing at Miles Platting and also meant the game froze and stuttered much less.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/how-to-clear-cache-on-xbox-one?amp

9. mkennaway

mkennaway Well-Known Member

Yeh I did that and deleted some stuff to free up abit more space. It seems to have improved overall performance and staying away from livery editor appears to help aswell.

10. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

That's odd Im on the xbox 1 S & everything is going smooth for me

11. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Hiccups and freezing at certain spots appear on every platform. I'm on PS4 and overground section of Bakerloo Line is full of stuttering. Average performances are a lot worse than TSW2020.

12. ildario77

Oh, and well, I was already a bit harsh with other users (sorry for that), but not a single advice will help. That's not a console issue, it's the game. And what is unacceptable for you and me is not a problem for Kilel2036.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Im really hoping this doesn't turn into a fight

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  14. ildario77

Did I say you or matthewbguilford lie? You didn't lie, you just didn't notice those issues. That's it. No way it doesn't appear on your system 'cause it's a game flaw and it appears on every single video I watched on YouTube, PC, PS4 or Xbox.

[edit by Protagonist - no need for personal attacks]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Hey folks, there's no need to go on the offensive every time someone has a position contrary to your own. Calm it down a little please.

16. defiance134

defiance134 New Member

Yep that's an issue I have had wow dtg will have their hands full.

17. ildario77

Mmm, sorry, maybe is just my bad english, but I don't think I wrote something offensive. I just said, and I'm pretty sure about it, that some people could be more focused on other things (realism, simulation, etc ) and they just bypass these issues.

18. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I guess when you think about it, it kind of makes sense. As in, consoles don't call have different hardware setups and software like a PC. So they should all run pretty much the same.

19. Teza

Teza Member

I run this on one x and use 7.200rpm external hard drive, with no games on internal drive
    i don't get any drop in fps, the game loads fast and runs smooth.