PlayStation My Little Review

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Paulo_1997, Aug 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Hey there!

So now, that I have some time I can give you a little review.

ATTENTION: This only includes experiences on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen!

Let me first state, that I'm not talking bad things good and I'm not saying yes and amen to everything DTG gave us with yesterdays launch. In addition of the positive and negative things, my expectations were met and nothing further or less.

So let's have a look at the different aspects!

1. The trains

BR 442:
    + Rapid Transit veterans like me will know how to handle this emu, so I was able to do the tasks faster than he could say "Now press...". :D For beginners, there is a good training, which covers the most important tasks to operate it
    + Being able to choose at which height you open the doors is a very nice aspect
    + Like I said in another thread, the remaked sound of it is brilliant

- The MFD's lag when you get in and out of the immersion camera mode, but that's already been reported.

I did not try PZB on this one yesterday, so there's nothing to review yet from my side.

BR 406 a.k.a ICE3M:
    + Training to cover the most important tasks to operate it
    + Very nice features, like the opaque button for the glass behind the drivers seat
    + The Sound!
    + functional PZB and LZB (made a few mistakes there, but that's my bad :D)
    + THE SOUND!!!

- reflection of the sun on the front glass kind of bothers me (already reported)
    - few mistakes in labeling first and second class (only read this on the forum! I didn't noticed them and don't care much about it)

2. The graphics

The most important thing to realize is, that a normal PS4 will never be capable of performing miracles in graphics, especially if it comes to operating a train at 250 km/h. But let me state, that DTG did well, because deep down, even though I was hyped, I expected the game to be extremely laggy and slow at this speed and at a station like Cologne. It is not! Despite a few textures being a little woolly, I haven't experienced ultra lags that last seconds. It was going steady and fast. My PS4 didn't make any weird noises while playing the game. So all in all, there is surely some room to improve the quality, but it is nothing, that I expect to be fixed within the next 24 hours, because it's a negative impact on my overall experience. Of course it has to be adressed if others are experiencing issues and maybe I will do in the future too.

3. The environment

The stations are lovely created and designed, so is the nature, BUT... at this point I'm bringing up the most disappointing thing for me, which are the depots. There is nothing, absolutely nothing parked at the depot after Köln-Hansaring. Of course it lacks of trains to put there, but not even one ICE or BR442 is standing there. I hope this will be adressed as it's making the area looking bold.
    The stations are a little bit empty, yes, but we all know that preserved collection brings variety and life to them, so it's only a matter of time.

I don't have other points to add in the moment and hope, this gives a good impression to some people, who are thinking about buying it.
    If I had to rate it, I would give it a solid 8/10.
    As I said, there is room for improvements, but I'm confident, that it will be handled by DTG as they have prooven in the last few weeks, that they are capable of hearing the community out and taking feedback seriously.

Cheerio!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Very good review! 10/10 ;)

I also want to give my first impressions on TSW 2, of course I haven't played or seen everything yet, but what I've seen so far is really good. The TSW Team at DTG did a very good job! (may be home office promotes creativity in this difficult times)

What stands out for me as a loyal PS4 player is the graphic update for the PS4 Pro this time. Everything looks so sharp and there is almost no antialiasing recognizable in the distance. The framerate continues to run smoothly and almost no popping textures can be seen. Of course the limited drawing distance on the consoles bothers something in skyline buildings, like the famous Shard in London, which is only visible on PC. But that's complaining on a high level. One point of criticism to Sony: the fan of the PS4 Pro gets a bit too loud at 4K. What I also want to mention are the faster loading times. It always took several minutes in TSW 1 to load route maps and content. Of cousre nowadays SSD is the fastest solution, but it seems that the new UE4 engine really improves loading times from hard drives.

Last but not least I tried out the new Livery Designer, which is a very good tool to create your own train designs. May be it can made a bit more stable in the future, because I had my first crash with it in the game. But it's very promising and it makes fun to use it.

• Like Like x 1