Pelham 123

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KyleL, Aug 12, 2020.

1. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Im not talking about that horrid remake in 2009 Im talking about the original Movie from 1974.It had to be one of my favorite movies ever. The train is a no 6 train from Pelham bay park station hence the call sign pelham 123. I live right next to that station it's pretty nice for a NYC subway station.But the movie has character's that are important to remember Mr. Blue, Mr. Green, Mr. Grey, and Mr. Brown.The hero in the movie is Walter Garber. The Group had Hijacked a subway car & wanted a $1 million Ransom they were located near 28th street in the tunnel in the end 3 of them died.Mr Green had survived & still had the money.But the ending didn't make sense.It was a fictional tale from a book not to long ago before the movie

2. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

In real life, that train would be "13:23 Pelham to Brooklyn Bridge".
    I use to be a conductor. Lol. Only worked the lettered lines.
    But yes, the 1974 is a classic and the best.
    green dis survive and had the money but got caught when he sneezed and Garber recognized it. Remember, he sneezed a few times during interactions over the radio.

3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yeah the IRT has to be the best.I really liked this movie also because Pelham bay park is the nearest train station from my home.I bet that job is tough

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Great movie. One of my faves too. I believe Quentin Tarantino was inspired to use the Mr Pink etc in Reservoir Dogs from this movie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I grew up between Elder and Hunts Point stations. But I was in the "B" Division (IND/BMT). I liked that one better. More routes, and types of railcars. It's not really as tough-especially compared to railroads-but it's really management that makes it tougher than it should be. Then there's the passengers. Don't get me started. Lol

6. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Only in NYC.The B division is going to have a few subway cars retired this year like the R32 but the R42 is gone.But overall I like the IRT because I always ride it more than BMT & IND