Br 407 (ice 3) Lzb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kobalt, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Kobalt

Kobalt New Member

Driving the ICE3 with AFB, PZB and LZB on.
    At the end of the LZB section i hear an Alarm.
    If i do nothing: Emergency braking.
    If i press the PZB aknowledgement (before 10 sec limit) : Emergency braking.
    if i press and hold the PZB aknowledgement. : Emergency braking

What should i do ?

2. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Im still not sure at 100% about LZB, anyway, when your train approaching to the LZB section end(e) on your display and hud the icon "Ende" turn on yellow. Like you see "Ende" you have 10 seconds to press the PZB release.

Our train is not the 407 Velaro (we got the 406) but the procedures are the same as in the manual below.

Chapter 5.4 https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...BR407_ICE3_VelaroD_Manual_EN.pdf?t=1542030104

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Kobalt

Kobalt New Member

So i have to "aknowledge" with the "PZB release" button ?!?
    Thank you for your answer

4. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

That is what I think, yes.

5. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to Acknowledge with PZB/LZB Frei -> "Releasing" yourself from LZB monitoring. LZB-Ende should stop blinking after you acknowledge it.

Also you have to reset AFB via the left MFD.

Hope I helped,
    Prof.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Kobalt

Kobalt New Member

I just tested it and it's good.
    I saw the problem with the AFB. Fix it by going to zero and and back to my wanted speed.

7. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

That is my understanding also, after reading a little about it online.

8. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

So the release out of LZB control is done accurately. You must free yourself with the Freitaste and the AFB has to be returned to 0 before you can apply power again. But there are mistakes with the in-cab signaling. In the game, the target speed is always indicating the next speed limit, even when the distance to it is greater than the distance shown by the distance indicator. In the real train the target speed would show the track-speed limit and would change to 160km/h, when the speed reduction gets into the range of the distance indicator (in this case 9,9km). The distance indicator also shows speed changes to a higher speed. The target speed is showing the current speed limit and the distance indicator counts down to the speed change. When the train has fully passed the end of the restricting zone, the new speed limit is shown by the target speed and the train speeds up.
    Also the buzzer is not sounding as often as in the real train. The buzzer always goes off, when there is a change in the speed indication (up or down), when the brake indicator (red G lamp) turns on and when the brake curve starts.
    So LZB needs a bit of rework, but luckily the faults are all not influencing the driving experience.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sounds like some relatively minor tweaks to perfect the LZB system.

• Like Like x 1