Tsw 2 Only Digiital Copy ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Darthman, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Darthman

Darthman New Member

Is there any plan to get a physcal copy of TSW 2 or not ? I am in France and don't found it (Fnac, micromania, amazon, Cdiscounnt...)

2. Mr Fad

Mr Fad Member

Digital only from the sound of it, soz

3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Not planned at the moment.

4. Darthman

Darthman New Member

So I will wait untill a physical version come out.

5. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

There are no plans for physical versions. Sam has stated that numerous times in the streams.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

You might be waiting a very very long time, as currently there are no plans for a physical copy. I'm not really sure why you'd want a physical copy either, they're just not necessary anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I agree. The disc games are usually the same or cost more than digital (even used).

8. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

and for a game like this where primarily is based on add ons it's allot easier if you have a digital version and i expect it can be allot bigger for people who have all routes and locos

9. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Well I prefer discs because it actually feels like you own the game. Buying a game digitally is more like having a long term license for it.

Not to mention, as someone who's trying to collect video games as a hobby a physical version just looks nice on a shelf.

Finally, the option to sell it always there if it's the physical version, which you can't do with the digital version. I dislike buying digital games for this very reason, as I at least have a way to get some money back if I dislike the product.

Buying games exclusively digitally just feels a bit soulless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

The thing with buying discs is you'll still have to update the game to fix bugs. I can't imagine using an Xbox One offline in the future. So much functionality of the console will be lost. So even with disc you are still dependent on online infrastructure to update your game.

Discs are great for games that are already completed and fully patched. I just can't see that being a possibility with content in these types of games appearing for the next few years.

11. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

It's digital for now.

12. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

There is nether going to be one so you'll be waiting a very, very long time

13. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

No they don't. More recently I bought Snowrunner (£36.85), TSW2020:CE (£32.80) and ACC (£29.95) all brand new week 1 releases and have just preordered Project Cars 3 for under £40. The only time I buy digital is when I have no choice or it's on a massive sale because I absolutely disagree with getting ripped off (by anything upto 25%) by Microsoft just for the 'convenience' of having it preloaded for day one launch. The sad thing is, such is the price disparity between physical and digital the saving on hard copies of those four games alone is enough to be able to purchase TSW2 deluxe edition completely free of charge....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2020
  14. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I buy most games on sale and very rarely do I buy something full price at launch. I actually got the TSW 2020 CE the other week when it went on sale for £29 on the Microsoft Store. Cheaper than the disc version (I just checked even used is still high price).

Unless you always buy games at launch then yes, usually disc is a saving. Vast majority of games I have got up to 75% off mostly in sales, which often is cheaper than disc versions at that point.

TSW is not really one of those games that will drop too much in price compared to the more mainstream games. So imo it's actually better to go digital with TSW. You can't even get a disc of TSW 2 either.

• Like Like x 1
  15. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

I don't normally buy on release but for obvious reasons I (like many) have had quite a bit of spare time on my hands of late so my purchases have been a bit more frequent and my point was more towards a like for like price comparison with brand new games. Absolutely agree that there are always some great digital sale prices as games get older but as a few have already mentioned, you always feel like you've actually bought something with a physical copy so for me personally that will always be my choice.

The *probable* reason for there not been a TSW2 on disc is because if you own physical copies of both TSW2020 and TSW2 then there's a teeny tiny technical issue regarding accessing content...

To play TSW2 you need the disc in the console to validate that you own it
    To play preserved collection routes in TSW2 you also need the TSW2020 disc in the console to validate that you own them.

So yeah, unless the XB1 grows an extra bluray drive then digital TSW2 it will have to be :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2020
  16. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

See the pinned topic regarding preserved routes on disc. You can make a support request for a digital copy of those routes on TSW 2.