Physics

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by maxipolo12, Aug 21, 2020.

1. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

So guys, just would like to know if you noticed something new with the super brand new physic of TSW2?

Personally, apart from small graphic update, hud and menus, some vibration in cockpit view tc I didn't noticed any strong difference with TSW1 and I still don't understand why a new game was necessary. Even if the devs say yes.
    The need to create a news game from FSX to FS 2020 I can understand but here :/

What are your thoughts about physics?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Try playing a route in the snow. You’ll see the adhesion physics in full force.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

You already noticed some points there and even if they appear to be small to you, they can have a big impact on the experience in summary for many players!

• Like Like x 4
  4. maxipolo12

I will try

• Like Like x 1
  5. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

For first time since tsw(1) day one I lost grip during ICE3 strong reduction of speed (cause LZB end). It was exiting because unexpected! :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

If you have any questions on how adhesion will effect TSW2, drive in the snow.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

Winter with wet snow and any season with rain should have the same effect on adhesion, more or less. Dry snow in cold weather shouldn't be a huge problem. In the fall on the other hand, it is much worse due to leaves falling down and ends up on the rails. I haven't tested this in TSW2 so I can't say if it feels right or not.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

If you've done any sort of cargo switching you would know about the weight physics and their effect on the locos, same thing with bad weather and the new traction physics. Besides that, there are a ton of under the hood improvements you may or may not notice. I find that the game itself runs much smoother than TSW2020 and new skies/ambient lighting is incredible.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Maybe the difference is not so obvious in Koln and London Underground, but it makes all the difference while pulling a heavy train in Sand Patch Grade. Its like day and night.

• Like Like x 8
  10. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

It adds variables to driving, it’s really going to make driving a better experience overall!

11. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

I'm running a 7-year old PC (i7-4771/16GB RAM/GTX-970 factory OC'd/Asus Maximus VI Hero) & this sim is running far better than expected. I notice certain trains in dry weather will speed up much faster then you expect!

Also, my monitor is limited to 1080, but the video card isn't. The game is actually taking my screenshots in 4K. They look astounding on ultra...

• Like Like x 1
  12. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Now they have fixed all empty wagons in Sandpatch grade. TSW1 were every train way to light.
    Dovetail have made a mistake so every wagon that was loaded was not loaded in weight.
    Now I can really feel the weight in train.
    I think now the train feels okey in uphill and downhill.

But one thing is missing I think. It is Air resistance. Matt even told so in TSW1.
    When rolls in 50 mph with 50 wagons (Dovetail calls this long train.... Long train is 180 wagons)
    The air resistance is high in some type av trains (stack train)
    But you can just roll now (no engine) in 0,1-0,2 downhill in 60 mph. This feels just wrong.

then there is curve resistance. Tunnel resistance. have no idea if it is implemented

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  13. maxipolo12

I have to review my first post.
    I drove under rain and snow and yes it is a very big difference with TSW1. Feels really much better when you lost the entire control with the track.
    Even had an incident by too strong brake.
    Nice !

14. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Ah, you slid!

15. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I drove the Tallent 2 in clear conditions and had all my brake points picked out. I changed to rain and tried the route out, using the same brake point of 900mtrs from the station I overshot the station by 500mtrs using max brake force, the train just slid. Braking distance almost doubled from the rain even with the train trying to compensate for locking up the brakes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

I have noticed now curves do lower your speed, and even when going downhill, you need at least 0.5% grade (if not more, depending on weight and size of train obviously) just to maintain your speed. I think this is way better than it was. In TSW2020, if you were at 0.1% your train would start rolling hard already, now it's no longer the case.

• Like Like x 2
  17. maxipolo12

[​IMG]

bot bad, not bad...

18. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I was trying the Aachen Turnaround scenario _again_. I keep missing stops or getting too many emergency stops. Anyway, it was basically going okay but then PZB triggered an emergency brake (not sure why, I went through a yellow light and acknowledged it and it immediately applied the brake).
    Anway, I slammed the brake on to try and stop quickly and get back up and running again and my wheels skidded in the rain to the extent that I derailed! Was my first derailing in TSW2.

• Like Like x 1