PlayStation Playstation Crash Fix

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG Protagonist, Aug 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

If you're experiencing a crash on PlayStation - particularly on the loading screen - we believe this is associated with the first save slot in the Scenario Planner becoming corrupt. In order to resolve the issue please delete the "UGCScenarios_0" file shown below.

PS_data.png

You can manage your save data via
    PlayStation 4 main menu > Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete > Train Sim World 2

This should allow you to continue playing without issue. If it doesn't, please visit the Tech Reports forum and file a report.

Thank you, and apologies for the inconvenience.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 7
  2. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I had a crash first time ever after quitting the talent 2 introduction and then picking ICE 3 M for the first service of the daycday out from FFM. After all was set, weather chosen, while on loading screen the game crashed.
    I don't run on PS4 PRO but it's pretty hefty device I've got and TSW2020 has never crashed on me.
    Otherwise the game runs like (almost) a dream, loading screens are a lot faster than in 2020 and also distance loading is better.
    I did report the crash via PSN.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Is it worth deleting the file if you haven't had a crash yet?

• Like Like x 2
  4. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

So I’ve been talking to Support via email and this morning they suggested this fix. But I am unable to locate the UGCScenarios_0 file, can you help as they’re out responding to my emails now. See attached pics. DTG Protagonist

Attached Files:

5. DTG Protagonist

You can try deleting your liveries - it's likely that's the culprit.

• Like Like x 3
  6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for posting this!

7. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’ve had this issue since buying the game, it happened on first start up. I have since deleted and reinstalled the game and it still happens.

I’m getting frustrated and confused as to what the issue actually is.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

Thank You, that worked for me and its now back working.

• Like Like x 1
  9. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Have you tried posting the issue in Technical support? Someone might have a clear answer for you!

10. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’ve a ticket raised with tech support and was talking via email with someone at DTG Support but I guess I won’t hear anything until Monday now..

11. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Yes I would

• Like Like x 1
  12. ADSTRAINSUK

ADSTRAINSUK Member

try it with no save data on your system from TSW2020 thats what got mine working

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  13. DTG Protagonist

If anyone finds other solutions, posting them here will help other players significantly and is appreciated.

On this particular issue the dev team have found what they believe to be the cause and will be working it into the first patch for the game. This patch will not happen immediately as we want to include several fixes in it. Thank you for your patience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

i had yesterday night a problem that my whole game wasn't loading, it was stuck in the loading screen. I tried first to delete the first couple files, but it didn't worked. Then I deleted everything and I have to restart everything :(

15. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Sam,

Thats not a permanent fix is it?
    I have just wasted a whole afternoons work creating a scenario (on the PS4). After rebooting the PS4 and TSW 2 this afternoon I got trapped at the loading screen. I had to delete the save game (you mentioned above).I have a look in the scenario creator for the scenario I made this afternoon and its not there. I hope a more "permament fix" isin the works as until then I cannot create a scenario of liveries.

Regards

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  16. antony.henley

Sorry just seen you post about two or three above mine. Well I guess I'm gonna have to hold off from scenario and livery creation for the time being.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  17. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I think DTG should count themselves lucky the game is digital only and it’s harder to get a refund on console as I’d be in the queue requesting one.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im now getting blue screens trying to load the game.

ive had a look for that file and i cant find it. looks like my game is well and truly [edit by Protagonist - watch the language]. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dave Mel

iv e tried to submit a ticket about 6 times and that catcha wont let me. im getting really pissed of with DTG. im annoyed that i cant play the game and i bet this will not be sorted now until the end of the week

20. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling? Might be worth a shot.

21. antony.henley

Have you deleted all of the saves from the TSW 2 files if not do it.

The reboot the PS4 , then load up and see if it works.

If it does work one thing I would suggest is when you do get back to a working version is leave the scenario and Livery creator well alone until the patch is released. That is what is screwing up with everything else.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dave Mel

i found the file that needed deleting and all is well now and loading

23. antony.henley

Good news then. But for the time being refrain from using the scenario planner and livery designer otherwise you will be back here again as the playstation has crashed.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

This is anecdotal and could be completely coincidental, but I've seen fewer instances of crashes on PS4 since I have done the following:

- Don't use the livery editor for more than 45-60 minutes at a time. Reboot the game at these intervals or when the editor starts randomly creating lots of new layers every time you add a shape. Obviously continue to save frequently nevertheless.

- Re-boot the game between completing a livery and creating a new scenario. And especially do not do both and then attempt to launch the scenario with the newly created livery. For my console that's like the kiss of death.

- Watch the video tutorials for the livery editor to find ways to lessen the number of layers you use, it's relatively easy to drastically reduce how many you use by making use of the projection tools.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. DTG Protagonist

No. It most definitely isn't. It's a short term solution to ensure you can at least play the game while the permanent fix completes testing. Proper fixes are coming, but we didn't want to leave you hanging in the short term.

• Like Like x 2
  26. AlexEnGame

AlexEnGame Member

My game s still crashing, i don t have that file UGCSCENARIO in my data but i have UGCLIVERIES, should i delete that? It s hard to do it because i know my liveries will go with that file as well

27. antony.henley

Yep thanks Sam. Didn't see your other reply.

Hentis

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  28. antony.henley

If you can't get into the game then delete the file.
    Best thing to do for the time being is to leave the scenario and livery creator alone until they release the patch.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  29. florayeka

florayeka New Member

im on playstation4 the game works really well but if i do a scenario planner my tsw2 crashes and i can't play it unless i delete the scenario planner files

30. bretgreen00

bretgreen00 New Member

Hi i do believe its scenario planner i can make a scenario on any route and its still corrupting the file for me i have now had to accept that i cannot use scenario planner i did i trial yesterday i used scenario planner on the german route and my file was corrupted i than removed the corrupted file and used the routes provided and no curruption

31. bretgreen00

bretgreen00 New Member

Yes i am the same mate its scanario planner its corrupting our files i dunno qhy though

32. bretgreen00

bretgreen00 New Member

Already tried there terms and conditions are if u download it u cant get a refund

33. antony.henley

There is a patch in the works for the PS4. hopefully its released later this week or early next week.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  34. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I hope the patch fix dosent mean that liveries are lost :( Ive spent a decent amount of time giving the talent 2 a National Express repaint.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. On Eastcoastway I got a crash post patch. I tried to add the 66 top and tail to my scenario, seeing the length as 40m I thought Id get a pair of 66s in a power move. I got the psn blue screen instead. Going back and removing this service seems to have solved the problem.

• Like Like x 2
  36. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I had the same thing

37. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its not meant to be used by the looks of it. To be fair on DTG. Its prep for NTP whenever that drops.

• Like Like x 1
  38. bigmanshake

bigmanshake New Member

hi DTG when i delete the file it still would crash i don't know why.i have tsw on my console as well as tsw2 .coincidence?

39. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Last time this happened to me and I followed all the steps I had to delete the entire profile to get tit to work agin

40. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I play on ps4 pro and since this afternoon (there haven't been any updates in the last few days) my game keeps crashing with the following words given: "Your playstation profile has been disconnected due to an issue". When I reconnect the profile, it says me that the game has crashed. After that, if I try to open the game it says that my data has been deleted (but it seems like it's not deleting it) and I have to re-download version 1.05 of the game every time. It is the 5th time this happens, does someone know how o resolve this? Hope I explained it well enough ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.