Scenario Designer

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Danfan67, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Danfan67

Danfan67 New Member

Hello. Whenever I make a scenario the lights don't change from red for me or AI. Has anyone got any idea why?

2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

That is a good question that I’m sure we could find an answer to. Let me do some digging around!

3. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I had the same problem with my first attempt. I waited around ten minutes and tried to contact the signalman but was unable to get past the red light.

That scenario was due to start in Brighton, I think I chose platform 8 for departure. When I edited the scenario I swapped over to the adjacent platform and this time I got a green almost immediately, so I guessed some routes leaving my chosen starting location may just not be available. Or maybe I was doing something else wrong, I really can’t be sure.

I chose a passenger service with a couple of stops and noticed that there was no scheduling information between each stop. I don’t see a way of entering a timetable for the journey.

It’s very early days playing with the scenario designer but my first impressions are that unless I’m missing something it’s very limited.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  4. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Yes that problem will persist until we got a Signaller which would be capable of recognizing if the sections ahead are empty and act accordingly. So if two or three sections ahead are clear it should turn the signall to proceed.

5. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

What times are you setting your services? I recreated this issue by have a train (AI) start on a platform at 1200 and the one behind (AI) start at 1150 before picking my one to start at 1200 on the same as the 1200 AI train on a platform further down the line. The AI that starts at 1200 was working but the one at 1150 was still at the platform with a red signal.

Have you tried starting your services all at the same time? This fixed it for me. I think it's to do with what time you start your services. You can't have AI trains starting before your train in terms of time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I haven’t yet had any AI trains in my attempts so far at creating a simple scenario and was still stuck at a red in the first one, permanently as far as I could tell.

7. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Yes the Signaller is not capable to change signals.

8. Danfan67

Danfan67 New Member

I started one (player) at 12:05 at Brighton and started an AI at 12:00 at seaford and was it. I tried putting everything at the same time and both me and the AI were stuck at a red light for over half an hour.

9. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Try making all AI start after your time

10. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Yeah Matt had the same problem on last nights stream.
    For now start the player service before the AI's.
    No need to raise a query as "Old grip & rip it" will have made a note :)

11. Danfan67

Danfan67 New Member

Quick update, the signal still won't change.