PlayStation Red Outline On Gear Selector On Hud

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cottonmouth, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Hi Guys,
    Just a small question here please, but what is the purpose of the RED outline box on the gear window on the HUD? The reason I ask is that I can see that this turns RED when you got from Running gear to braking.
    But last night I did a run on the East Coast came up to station applied brakes and stopped NO PROBLEMS but when trying to move what ever I did on the gear selector FORWARD/BRAKE nothing no movement. but just had this RED outline around the gear window.

2. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

Ive had this alot too - sometimes a complete shutdown and cold start works but other times it doesn't very frustrating when so close to completing a level and having to quit........

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cottonmouth

Just had it again on same route. So close in completing route as well.

4. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The red means that you can't take power, this is usually due to some sort of interlock for the doors or that you've got the brakes on. I've never experienced the issue you're describing on East Coastway, although I've only played a few services on TSW2, but have done many on TSW2020.
    You didn't by any chance use the emergency brake to stop at the station where you encountered the issue did you?

5. Cottonmouth

Not as far as I'm aware

6. Northerner

This might be a bug then. The only other thing I can think of that would cause this is the DRA but that is would be hard to set without knowing. I'll have a think if there's any other thing that could cause this.

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

It simply marks the traction lock. When brakes applied or other things happen that prevents you to apply any power, this red marker comes up. It was meantioned more often in the live streams and in the manual (but who reads manuals today ^^).

8. Cottonmouth

I'm sure we would be read them if we could find them first. Some bird on TSW says more info can be found on the manual, but sadly they don't tell you where they are

9. Northerner

10. Cottonmouth

Great - I think I just found the problem. When coming into a station on East Coast I may have reduce the brakes down to #4 Emergency. So a quick reset on the reverser and all back to normal. Many thanks for the link