Livery Editor - First Results And A Question

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by westcastlerail, Aug 21, 2020.

1. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Firstly .... massive thumbs up to DTG on TSW2... finding it difficult to put the game down!
    Hope the boss buys the whole team a (virtual) beer (or two) this weekend !

Below is my first livery I’ve created on one side of the train ... I’ve worked out how to replicate the layers across various carriages.

My question is ... is there a function button so liveries be replicated across either side of the train?
    (Or do I have to manually copy them and build again?
    36E2D6C7-7047-4ADD-B4DC-A63801B7376D.png A8AAF30C-A581-41E0-B9CD-0EA84D70256A.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yeah it's really good i hope they fix the recurring bug of when your trying to select a new layer it tends to add more when you scroll but it's easy enough to delete them

3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Lovely edit mate

4. Captaintraincrash

Captaintraincrash Active Member

Lovely Livery and how do you replicate the paint to all other carriages?

5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You have to do it for each individual carriage. Hard to pinpoint the exact colour every time because of this unless I'm missing something. Also sometimes it might not update but it will once you switch back to another carriage.

6. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Thanks for replying and looking at my livery.

Steps I used to create the livery
    1) use the paint Tool for the colour you want to paint the carriage roof.

2) use the layers Tool to colour up the front ((I used shape 35 and 78 for the yellow).

3) to colour the sides, use layers again and create rectangular panels in the colour you want (shape 54 in gray).

4) Create the first panel, at the Correct carriage full height, and about a quarter of the carriage width.

5) once in position, then copy the First Side panel, (the copy will sit directly on top of the original panel).

6) select the copied panel, and move it along the carriage width.

7) line it up with the original panel to increase the width along the carriage.

8) repeat copying the panels, and then place them along the Entire width of the carriage So they all match colour wise And at correct height.

To answer my own question, there is a button (X) in the layers menu that lets you replicate the shapes on the other side of the carriage.

To replicate across each carriage, select the layer you want, and the press LB (copy to other cars) and select the next carriage along. This ensures all the colours are the same, but you do have to recreate every carriage individually.
    (You get quicker the more you do it!)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020