PlayStation Is One Loco Per New Route Going To Be The Norm?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thunderer, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I've noticed (correct me if I'm wrong) that the routes in TSW2 contain just one type of loco. Whereas in TSW2020 we got more.

Is it going to be the case that new routes are released with just one loco and we can buy locos separately as they become available?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Good question.

3. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I think that it is just a coincidence, some routes have one new train and some have more I think it just depends on if they have the resources.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

They've been doing this since RRO

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There has been a tendency to include one new train and one reused train in new routes. There has been some inclusion of extra services from trains from other routes and obviously a fair few loco DLC to buy. I don’t see it changing much from that pattern unless a route comes along that absolutely needs more than one new train to sell it, such as the introduction of a new country into TSW.

We might get more of a clue whether this will continue in the roadmap tomorrow. Depends how much detail it goes into.

• Like Like x 1
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I think so, though there may be exceptions to this. Matt said in the livestream last week that when picking a route they also look at potential loco’s for dlc. Why sell two locos in a new route for £24.99 when you can leave one loco out and sell it 4 or 5 months later for an additional £11.49?

They love to reuse locos where possible, Class 66 on the East Coast Way for example was the most pointless thing ever imo. But they added it as people want freight and it looks like we’re getting more for our money. A Class 377 and Class 66 reused or not looks better than just a 377.

• Like Like x 2
  7. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

Similarly TSW2 only really contains two fully brand new trains; the ICE3 and the 1972 Mk II Bakerloo line stock. Yes I know the others were revamped in various ways but even so. That said, most of the British routes so far have shipped with at least two trains, though often reused (66 in ECW and 101 in Tees Valley etc.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

They used to do Loco DLC's lately to fit the gap.
    Yet another cash grab, as locos aren't fully featured yet cost half of the route per item.

• Like Like x 1