Press Any Button - Ds4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by t.a.turner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. t.a.turner

t.a.turner New Member

Hi Guys,
    Just got TSW2 for the pro and come across one small niggle and not sure if this has been mentioned before, but when I first start up the game and go through a couple of opening screens I get the message "PRESS ANY BUTTON" to continue of which I do and nothing happens, after a while of pressing the game then goes to the next screen.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Hi, Hi have the same problem, along with others. Not sure if it is because it takes a lot longer than 2020 to get past that screen or a bug. So far I have found clicking the various buttons on the D pad gets it going after a while, but may have worked pressing other buttons. It is a pain whatever it is. Also some, including myself could not get as far as that PRESS ANY BUTTON screen, just the initial start up screen. Have to go into storage and delete any saved data for the TSW 2 scenarios or livery. So no good doing any of those at the moment.

What I have taken to doing at the moment is to not close the game down when I enter rest mode on the playstation. Okay I guess until I want to play something else. Hopefully they fix things soon

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Hi, I had this also. I think the problem starts with the message that comes up saying PRESS ANY BUTTON which shows the X. which does not work. Pressing the pad does it which I do from the start to buy pass all those opening screens

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Not just me then? Thought my controller was on its last legs

5. johnpaulread07

johnpaulread07 New Member

yep same thing happens to me. I just have to spam all the buttons to make it work.

6. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

Works first time for me when pressing the touch pad down.

7. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Yep, same problem here (mentioned it in another thread).

8. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

It's because the game is trying to connect to Dovetail servers at this screen.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth Active Member

Fair point buts that's the whole point of this post, Why does the game tell us to do one thing when it's not possible to do it, and tell us we are trying to connect to Dovetail servers, and then press any key.

• Like Like x 3
  10. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I have this issue too, so frustrating, I raised it as an issue yesterday and was chatting to someone via email at DTG Support, the “fix” they suggested was to delete the UGCScenario file, that did nothing, even after a fresh install. They then said it’s a known problem and are working on a fix for it.

I’m glad we’re getting a fix but it’s very poor really given we’re struggling to even get into the game.

11. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

For me that deleting the scenario file worked for when I could not get past the initial start up screen. I and others, not sure if same with you, have been okay getting past that sometimes. But the when we get to the screen when it says PRESS ANY KEY TO ADVANCE, we can not get past that one. Seems pressing the D pad helps for most. D down seems the most popular.

• Like Like x 1
  12. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’m able to get past the loading screen but at the “press any button” screen I can press every single button and nothing happens. The game will load up eventually but it’s odd as I don’t know what button actually makes it advance to the main game. It shouldn’t be like this, any button should be any button and as soon as you press it, it should work and it doesn’t.

Very poor from DTG, it feels broken.

13. Mustard 1

Mustard 1 New Member

July 2021, and the issue still persists

I must have stayed away from playing the game for a year ( since I purchased it), and it is disappointing that the issue is still unresolved.

I doubt if I can get a refund

14. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Is a bug. Everibody have it

15. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I allwais press the O