Bakerloo Line Signalling

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by luca_triff, Aug 21, 2020.

1. luca_triff

luca_triff New Member

After playing on the Bakerloo line for a couple of hours I have noticed some odd things about the signalling. First of all, in open sections, I did not receive any cautionary (yellow) aspects, and this makes driving without the HUD on nearly impossible, as you have no idea whether the next signal is red or green.
    Finally, I have noticed that whenever I am stopped at a station and the platform starting signal is at danger (red), the signal only clears exactly when I close the doors on the train, not sooner, not later. As most of the signals (particularly in tunnels) are automatic or semi-automatic and thus controlled by the passage of trains, I think the signals should not be influenced by events occurring on the player's train.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

For your final point, they addressed this issue in one of the streams, it is something to do with the way the train is pathed only to the next station and only receives its next path once station duties are complete. I'm pretty sure they said it should be fixed when the enhanced timetable comes out.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

They did it that way so we can see some reds on the empty ghost town.

4. luca_triff

luca_triff New Member

Still, it would be great if it would be possible to drive without the HUD on

5. Northerner

Just checking, do you mean the above ground section when you say you receive no yellow signals?

• Like Like x 1
  6. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Signalling is really badly implemented and adds to the overall experience a lot because its a very important part of railway operations. At present state the Signaller practically can't do anything with regards to changing signals as it should be. So very simple example of this non existent signaller is when you pass through green light and reverses train back just before that signall, it will never change back to green even if sections ahead are all clear.

• Like Like x 2
  7. luca_triff

luca_triff New Member

Yes, It is the above ground section where BR signalling is in use.

8. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

With lack of traffic (on a 2-3 minutes a train route) what else do you expect?

IRL if you would have a tube train 6 minutes ahead of you with timetables made the way they are done, to never catch the train in front, it would be green too.

So to make it visually appealing they put scripted red aspects. Arcadey crap.
    Fanboys love it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  9. luca_triff

luca_triff New Member

These scripted red aspects SHOULD be preceded by yellow aspects.

10. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

I know. It is not only badly done, but there is no traffic, no immersion, no annoucements.
    Just a virtual visit to greatly modeled tube line.
    Bought the game only for that line. Had to force myself to keep driving on first go.
    Prefer by far ICE route.

I got more immersion by OpenBVE or Circle line even if so old now.

11. Ben_Broomfield

Ben_Broomfield Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. Hope some of the issue with the dispatcher changing the aspect when your doors close gets fixed with the upgraded timetable.

For me it does ruin a bit of the immersion though; Like the starter at Queen’s Park station (facing Elephant Castle) being on, and then in the next block (a few hundred metres), the signal aspect is
    visibly off.

Small things like that just bug me and ruin the immersion.

12. Northerner

We can hope that this might change when the enhanced Bakerloo Line timetable is out, as they said the signal only changing once the doors are closed should be fixed then so it would make sense to do it all at once.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

If they deliver ....