PC Am I Dumb? - Cold Starting Sd40-2 & Gp38-2

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by 777Gaming, Aug 23, 2020.

1. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

One of my favorite things to do in TSW/TSW2 is cold start The SD40's and GP38's on Sand Patch Gradein free roam. But it doesn't work how it used to... on both, the priming sound effect cuts out entirely for a few seconds, and then the engine start sound effect doesn't even play, and the engine doesn't start. I've checked over and over to make sure I've done the correct procedure, and I have. It just won't work. Sometimes, I'll just be sitting around, and then all of a sudden, the engine magically starts. Also, I'm pretty sure the governor used to work on the SD40, as I remember using it on it, and it still is function-able on the GP38. I usually am on the TS2020 forum, but I had to come over here to report this.

2. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Every AI train sitting on the yard has its physics simplified. So the first thing you need to do before setting up is get to the driver's seat(or the engineer's seat for US) then you'll effectively gain control over that train.

Btw,t this should be made more clear for player's because many don't know about it.

3. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Except I did, and the problems still occured. While I did forget to mention that it would work after I sat in the engineers seat, those problems I mentioned about the sounds and delayed startup are still there.