Remember You Can Adjust Your Sounds

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by thundergaming11, Aug 21, 2020.

1. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Like with TSW 2020 you can adjust the sounds further to be a bit louder. Remember to backup the original file.

Documents>MyGames>TrainSimWorld2>Saved>Config>WindowsNoEditor - GameUserSettings

This one tended to be popular:
    MasterSoundVolume=3.500000
    SFXSoundVolume=3.500000
    AmbienceSoundVolume=2.500000
    DialogueSoundVolume=1.500000
    ExternalAlertVolume=1.500000
    MenuSFXVolume=1.000000

Having tried this myself I think it does help with overall sound when I feel some of it is too quiet, especially with the Bakerloo line. However you might find this to be too loud for CSX and Penn. Adjust it to your suitability :)

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes i see

3. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

They really need to try and get the balance right themselves, I don't know, if anything to me the sounds seem worse in TSW2! I've played both Bakerloo and Koln route and the track joint sound is just too quiet and it's just not a case of turning the volume up because everything else becomes too loud - also the looping sounds need looking at.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding me of this since I had to do the same thing in the original TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

After doing the adjustments, I have plenty of sound in Sand Patch. If anything it is a tad too loud so will probably tweak the settings down a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  6. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

7. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

After following instructions provided in OP, it's interesting how much is going on sound-wise just on the Bakerloo line... the clacking sounds of wheels passing rail junctions are there, but are for some reason very quiet in the mix. Careful listening even confirms the shaking of windows after gaining speed, and the noise in the tunnels is much more prominent. This is a decent patch for the time being, but the sounds in general really need to be re-balanced and added for a more diverse and distinct sound presentation.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bakerloo

Bakerloo Member

The track joint sound on the Bakerloo line is almost non-existent, which is really unrealistic. There is, however, quite a lot of wheel flange sounds