Livery Creator Needs Some Work.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jb431, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Jb431

Jb431 New Member

The livery creator is off to a decent start, but it is missing some sorely needed features. There need to be options to create a string of text that can be applied in a uniform manner, something like the implementation of a text box. Then each letter, number, etc doesn’t have to be applied manually, then you have to attempt to match the scale, color, and orientation of the previously applied letters, numbers, etc. The rotation function would be much easier to use if you could lock items in at certain angles (0, 45, 90, etc). If you are trying to apply things like horizontal striping, it is difficult to make those small adjustments to make the item level, without over correcting. The ability to copy paint colors, or save certain colors for use on other liveries would be very helpful. This is especially true if you want the locomotive and all of the cars to be the same color. Also, when you copy a layer and apply it to another side, it doesn’t always appear the same as the original. I applied horizontal striping to the left side of my livery, but when I transferred it to the right side, it applied the decal vertically. Also, the symbols/signs need more variety, and the ability to change their coloring as well.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stephen J. Hjellum

Stephen J. Hjellum New Member

One thing I noticed was that if you try to apply a shape to the front of a locomotive, the shapes color will apply to all sides regardless of whether you scale it down or move it around. If I wanted to create a shape that fit say, the nose of the AC4400, then this method will not work for me. There should be a feature to select certain portions of a locomotive or car body to paint instead of relying on shapes.

3. g-stallard

g-stallard New Member

It would also be beneficial to have a flip option so you can flip the shapes (especially those with angles) by 180 so they can be the right orientation or a "Mirror" option, whereby what you do on one side of an item of rolling stock will be auto applied to the other side.

But also having the ability to save a paint colour for later use would be immensely helpful.

4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

If I understand you issue correctly, try decreasing the projection, that way the shape won't show on the sides of the locomotive.

5. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

A mirror option will be available with the livery designer update.

6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

We could also do with a larger portfolio of shapes, for example, rectangles but I am sure there are many more. Also, details like orange cantrail stripes or a pencil line tool would be useful. The paint tool needs to have a base coat and another option for covering larger areas in a secondary colour.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stephen J. Hjellum

Stephen J. Hjellum New Member

Which I have done, but I still don't like the reliance on shapes when body selection tools could be generally more useful.

8. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Such a shame we can't use the editor on preserved stock. Could have done so many things on just the 66 to start with, not to mention all my other stock still to come over to TSW2. Maybe one day but won't hold my breath.

• Like Like x 1