Bakerloo - Signals Are Wrong On The "open" Section

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HappyBasher, Aug 23, 2020.

1. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

When driving along the open section north of queens park, the signalling here should be BR 3 aspect, and the signals do generally have 3 lights for the red, yellow, green; yet they only ever show red or green. For example the service from elephant and castle to stonebridge park (actually described as to H&W but that's beside the point) that features in the journey chapter 1, approaching willsden jct I'm on greens but the signal at the end of the platform is red - so the one before should have been yellow. likewise at stonebridge park, the starter signal is red as you're about to be sent into the yard on a shunt aspect, but the signal before was still green not yellow.
    While we are here, it strikes me that on the southbound, the signal to take you off the mainline to queens park should be "approach control" - i.e. held at red until you get near, as a 15mph diverging route off a 45mph mainline. (so again you get a yellow on the signal before and are slowing down prepared to stop).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

yep many threads are on about the signalling on the bakerloo line so recommend you check them out its all down to how the dispatcher has been designed and DTG know about the signalling not being 100% accurate

• Like Like x 1
  3. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

The signalling is supposed to be altered when we get the extra services in timetable mode so it’s difficult to comment too much on it

4. Knightfire1964

didn't know that the signalling would be altered all i would say is take it with a pinch of salt then

5. HappyBasher

OK thanks both, I'd forgotten all about this forum until a post on steam forum, and posted while it was fresh in my mind. Best take a read of everything else now!

6. Knightfire1964

no problem happy to help i would recommend looking at all platform discussions which is what i do but bare in mind that what people may talk about system or problems wise may be different

• Like Like x 1
  7. HappyBasher

Actually thinking about it, in this case shouldn't they add "Distant" signals so you don't suddenly come across a red. There is one scenerio where if you manage to change ends promptly you can catch up with a previous service and it's quite a shock running along at speed past a green to suddenly see a red ahead. (I drive with the "next aspect" turned off because I know how signals (should!!) work so it adds to the realism)

8. Knightfire1964

well nearly got caught out on braking for one station once and the worrying thing was there was a red light at the end to say that i was close to passing it was an understatement Train Sim World® 2 (6).png

• Like Like x 1
  9. Knightfire1964

hopefully though this team which is supposedly working on things like signalling and other bit's can get this kind of done main reason why i doubt the Elizabeth line would never be in the game as it goes through 3 different types of signalling

10. trigzd

trigzd Active Member

Haha yeah you do have to be careful especially approaching Elephant and Castle. I don’t know that they’d do THAT much to the signalling, I think they were just going to make sure that the red lights when you close your doors were altered, not sure about approach signals on the underground either. If only there was a manual that told us about it ;)

11. Knightfire1964

yes hmmmmmm

12. HappyBasher

yep in the tunnels there do tend to be yellows, and certainly along the station platforms where they're not needed because you're stopping anyway lol! But yes the fact that a signal stays red until you close the doors is wrong, it should stay red until the instruction to close the doors! forgot to mention that in my post!

13. HappyBasher

ye gods that was close! :o