Custom Consists, Timetable Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by line0237, Aug 23, 2020.

1. line0237

line0237 New Member

It would be nice to be able to create custom consists, and use them in both the scenario creator, and the timetable mode. Letting us use all trains on timetable mode (with the option toggleable) would also be a nice addition.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Yeah would be nice to have them in timetable mode. Kinda like Train Simulator's old 'Quick Drive' mode.

Scenario editor is nice that it allows any train on any route, but setting up AI trains takes time. Timetable mode already got the AI trains set up for you, but limits the consist you can drive. Combining the best of both these modes would be nice, the result would be similar to the old Quick Drive mode I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  3. thomas.n.wyndham

thomas.n.wyndham New Member

Custom consists would be ace, I’m imagining two car 72 stock trains for the Isle of Wight when it comes, and longer 38 stock for Bakerloo.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I'm sure they'll come at some point, not sure how much work will need to be done for that to work.
    TBH, IMO this has somewhat of a lower priority. First, we need more places to put stuff in the planner , like sidings and more station tracks accessable, then return journeys, maybe then mixing consists or placing individual waggons.

• Like Like x 2
  5. line0237

line0237 New Member

Thanks for all the kind comments. I agree that they need to iron out the bugs first, as they directly impact gameplay.