PlayStation Tsw2 Sand Patch Grade Powering America Part 1

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Observadorpt, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

I have a big problem here. After the initial part when we load the coal into the wagons and couple to the other wagons, the game tell us to go sit in the other lead loco. I go there, Put tthe reverser forward, brakes in cut in mode, loco in lead mode (the game doesnt tell us this), then the automatic brakes in full serviçe and hold bail off until the air cilinders are empty, then after this the game says the we need to wait 5 minutes to the brakes to release. So i wait more then 5 minutes and nothing happen. I tryed to put the automatic brakes in release mode and happen the same, nothing, i wait about 15 minutes so its a bug or im doing anything wrong?.

1- Put the reverser in forward
    2- Automatic Brakes in Full Serviçe
    3- Air brakes in Cut In
    4 - Loco in Lead mode (The game doesnt tell us i have to guess it).
    5 - Press and Hold Bail Off until the Air cilinders are empty.
    6 - Wait 5 minutes for brakes to release. and the checkpoin to appear. (i cant remember the location of the waypoint).
    I see videos that after 5 they put the Automatic Brakes in release mode but even doing that the game doesnt pass the waiting the 5 minutes.

But if i have to put the Automatic Brakes in release the game doesnt tell us.

2. qzm981

qzm981 New Member

Hi, I've just met the same situation yesterday where I waited almost 15 mins and nothing happened. Here's how I solved it: after releasing the BC pressure using independent break, put automatic break in release position and wait for few minutes or some. Then you can just directly increase throttle, and the train will start moving. After some distance the instruction will clear itself and lead you to the next instruction.
    Hope it will help!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Observadorpt

hi

Thanks im gonna try it when im out of work. I have put that in release mode and nothing happens off couse i didnt try to move the train.

4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes me too pc

5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this thing is broken. Rockwood marker never comes up as it should => scenario can not be finished. Please fix this DTG

6. Observadorpt

not working for me, tryied 2 times.

7. Calebro

Calebro New Member

I’m running into the same problem, nothing works.

8. qzm981

qzm981 New Member

I'm sorry for that... I have just ran this scenario again this morning and now I cannot finish it as well. It should be confirmed as a new bug now. I love driving cargo trains but seems DTG were not so cared about the sand patch routes. Later in the Part 2 of Powering America you will also find a bug: the rear loco is totally out of control... Hope they will get these fixed soon!

9. Rush

Rush Member

I’m having this issue as well on Xbox one X. I waited the 5 minutes and my brakes released and I was able to move forward and I waited a little longer, but it still says I need to wait 5 minutes for the rockwood marker. I decided to move forward to the signal anyway hoping it would clear itself, but 38 yards from the red signal and I’m still stuck. Contacting the signaler does nothing.

Edit: I solved it. Here’s what I did - after doing everything I explained above and getting nowhere, I reversed back up to where the coal loading is, but I went on the outside track instead. Once back up the hill next to the loading facility I put the reverser forward and went back down on the right track (I had originally gone down towards the signal on the left since that’s the route the map was telling me to take), then shortly after passing the manual switch point where the tracks merge into one for a second the mission prompt triggered and I completed it.

so basically to sum up this whole post, if your stuck after 5 minutes of releasing the brakes, move forward past where the tracks merge to 1 then back to 2 near the loading facility and you can try going directly to the right track and see if that works or go the left down to where the route marker shows on your map (won’t show on screen) reverse back up past that choke point, then forward again, but on the right set of track.
    Curious if this works for anyone else, let me know if you tried it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  10. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

On the stream last night, Adam said that they have handled this issue. So I assume this will get fixed in the next update.

11. Rush

Rush Member

Hopefully that’s the case! I actually was able to find a work around though, see my edit for my last post :) sorry it’s a little redundant lol