Improving The User Experience

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LucasLCC, Aug 23, 2020.

1. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Having given TSW 2 another go today, although actually playing with the preserved content, I've noticed a few fairly small things that would greatly improve the user experience. I've given each part a title, and explain what would help

# Do you want to give up the service? #

Make this default to no instead of yes. It's much better to click no and have to wait a minute, as opposed to accidentally clicking yes and losing your entire progress on that service.

# The completed scenario screen #

This gives you the options of what you can do next. The selected item is "Continue your journey". Now, when you've just completed a timetabled service, you're likely to want to continue inside the timetable. Can this option be made default instead?

# Accelerometer #

I have no clue why this is a circle. But a line would make this so much easier to read. It's quite hard to tell exactly where the circle is, and gives your reading quite a high margin of error. The line in TSW2020 worked far, far better.

# This Service Starts at xx:xx #

Why do we have to wait to find out where this train is going? Can't we have this information alongside the start time? I was frustrated earlier to wait 15 minutes, to then be told "alight here now".

# Map #

Been mentioned many times previously, but it really needs to have labels. At the moment it's pretty useless.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

Glad I’m not the only one who finds the new accelerometer extremely difficult to read. The old one in TSW20 was absolutely fine.

3. Joker729

Joker729 Member

I don't mind it being a vertical line now instead of the horizontal, but the circle does bother me. Hard to get a good read on it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

All the points are pretty spot on, but the one I couldn't agree more with is the # Accelerometer # - why did they have to rework it in this totally unusable way? The old HUD had a clear line, where even the slightest change in acceleration/deceleration was visible. Now you can't even tell if it is cenetered or not, I have a feeling that even when train is stopped the lines INSIDE the ball are not aligned with the center on the main fixed line. It is simply a mess. Why change something that was perfectly working?

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

We need same PIS on ICE route as well.

6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

If you press T you will be able to see all the steps for the service (even if it has not started yet).

• Helpful Helpful x 4
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

That is useful to know, thanks.

8. lowlifemushroom69

lowlifemushroom69 New Member

Does anyone else have an "issue" where the game auto joins the next service when selecting a route? This also occurs after completing a service; it automatically loads the next scenario.

9. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

There's an option in the settings to turn that off. Called "Auto load scenario" or something like that

10. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

I rather like that feature TBH but I need a much more comfy seat as I'm now spending far too long sitting in front of the PC.