Tsw2 Graphic Setting Help

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix, Aug 23, 2020.

1. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Hi
    I would like to know what i can do to improve my gameplay on TSW2. I am currently using Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 and encountering lag issues while driving my train. Which setting is important to keep in ultra setting, and which one should I switch to high setting in the game advance option? Please help anyone, thanks.

2. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

I went past that on GTX660Ti and to be honest with TSW or any UE4 fast paced games.... You need to upgrade the GPU. If your CPU won't bottleneck it a better GPU is a must for it. I got 980Ti cheaply second handed.

If you would mess with ini files it will look worse than 10y old game and still lags can occur.

3. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

+1 the 760 is definitely outdated for those game

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You should be careful not to blow up your graphics card. It happened to me with a GT660... Make sure to set everything in very low res if you insist on playing.

5. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I don't think it's hardware related, I think it's the game or the engine. In a youtube video the author had a 2080 and the exact same occational stutter as me with my 970. I speculate it has something to do with the loading of world tiles. And while my card is quite busy with this game, the stutters also happens at 70% usage or lower, and with everything set to lowest, too.
    So, this seems to me to be a question of some failed or insufficient optimization (while the rest of the game's performance it quite good and certainly better then TSW1).
    And yes, I do have it on a SSD.
    But also, yes, a 760 seems a tad small in general for this one.

6. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

That is no surprise that is not a hardware problem. The answer is optimization. Look at other games running with ue 4

7. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

Agree. But to be fair, the game is pretty optimized in many regards and runs quite a lot better then TSW1. Just this loading stutter....

8. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

so i am running on a i7-4700 cpu, and running with a nvidia gtx 760, this graphic card and cpu is basically from my old alienware x51 r2, which was the worst mistake, i made when buying this gaming system, thinking that is the best gaming system.

What game setting and Advanced setting should i put in order to still get the best possible experience while not lagging on any routes? I am thinking about upgrading to a newer graphic card like the gtx 1080 or the newer one which is the rtx 2070 super, but don't know should i wait because i heard that NVIDIA is going to release rtx 3000 series. What should i do in the meantime? Any suggestion would help. Thanks

9. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

There is some tweaks to do in .ini file to have 100x better graphics but it seems that DTG prefer to put worst setting just to please anyone on museum relic PCs.
    I am trying them now, when ready I will post it here.
    Also I am trying to do AntiAliasing via ReShade options, cause UE4 sucks on it.

10. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

ok thanks