PlayStation N542-a Load Coal Fails Due To Passing Nonexistent Red Signal.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by pittsdar, Aug 21, 2020.

1. pittsdar

pittsdar New Member

Just after starting N542-A Load coal and you hit the first objective marker, immediately after that first marker the scenario fails from passing a red marker that doesn’t exist.

2. Alan0x1

Alan0x1 New Member

I have the same issue. Hopefully, this issue along with the many other bugs are patched soon.

3. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

It's not a non-existent signal, actually. You're actually sitting halfway past it. If you teleport to the rear of your train with the external view button, you can see you're straddling signal RM0. Most services don't do this at the start (with the exception of all eastbound trains that start at Rockwood, there's a signal halfway back that your train straddles) and for some reason when your tail end clears that signal, it thinks you've SPADed because when you started the service from the menu, you never actually passed the signal on your own, so the signal thinks you've never interacted with it yet. The rear end of your train is the first thing to make contact with it and so since its already set to red, it thinks you've blown a red signal and fails you.

If the train started behind the signal, this wouldn't be a problem. But if it did that, you'd be starting out of bounds and the "kill barrier" (the one that punishes you for walking too far out) would kick you out the moment you tried to enter Rockwood Mine via that signal. So this is DTG's workaround that seems to not have been fixed before release.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Joker729

Joker729 Member

Same issue on PC. This is the third bug I've found keeping me from being able to do any timetable tasks.

5. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

Same thing on xbox

6. diesel power

diesel power Member

same here guys. i noticed that it happens when the back of the train passes the red signal at the beginning which is not correct since this signal is meant for an upcoming train (if it were to come behing ours)

• Helpful Helpful x 1