Rivet Games Teaser

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jasonpfc, Aug 16, 2020.

1. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well guess what: u are right! Isle of Wight coming to TSW!

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yes I spotted it after the first photo of the bridge model and a bit of Google maps magic. Pictures of the other bridge were floating around on the forum and the scenery didn’t quite match. So I went hunting for the right one before going to bed. Took me twenty five minutes because I checked Merseyrail first before the Island line. A lot of people were resistant to the idea but I was 90% confident right from the start I’d got the right place and had looked for a cab ride video for an extra check. When I looked at it again in the morning I was absolutely certain, then everyone else caught up too, especially when the picture from inside the train was released a bit later :D

I’m afraid it’s all gone to my head a bit, feeling quite giddy about it all. Just because I found a bridge on a map. My missus thinks I’m crazy.

• Like Like x 6
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well the roadmap is out, guess what new country(ies) are coming to TSW...

4. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Well done stujoy, I actually drive over this bridge every day but had no idea it was the one in question, (not that you can see the steps from the road). That's 1 sale guaranteed for Rivet.

I still think that because Havenstreet Steam Railway connects to this line at Smallbrook station, (literally the other side of this bridge), Rivet Games may well be the first to bring out a steam train as an add on to this route in the not too distant future.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Cheers. Having the line so close to the steam railway does make it well placed for a future connecting route add-on and a good alternative to WSR for the first steam locos. I’m not so sure that will happen soon though but you never know.

• Like Like x 2
  6. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

stujoy you need to collect your exclusive cookie... Or free IOW DLC! ;) but you're forbidden to guess future teasers!

• Like Like x 3
  7. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It really was excellent deduction Stujoy. Why are you so excited about the line? Do you live on The Isle of Wight?

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s mainly for the train that runs on it, which is about to be replaced, but I like the idea of having some interesting shorter routes for TSW. I know most people want longer routes but there are so many fantastic short lines out there. A lot of them only local people know about but they can add so much to the experience of driving. This one’s a bit more famous due to the old tube stock. A lot of short routes are steam heritage routes but this one can be made now as we are yet to have steam. As well as doing longer services in fast trains, I like to do short or slow services too. I’d use WSR more if the services didn’t take quite so long, so this is ideal for when I want an interesting shorter, slower run to do. And in such an old train too.

Edit - I forgot to say I don’t live on Isle of Wight and thanks for the praise!

• Like Like x 3
  9. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

The Isle of Wight (Island line) runs units of former London Underground 1938 stock

10. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 6
  11. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

These trains have guards that open/close the doors and check/issue tickets. Not that it interests me, but I wonder if you could take over that role if you wanted to. Open/close doors at least.

• Like Like x 2
  12. stinkyheadsman

stinkyheadsman Member

Very unlikely that there would be a guard role. Will probably just be something similar to what we have now, with a pop-up menu.

13. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I think there would be some serious gameplay value in a guard role on a lot of routes: opening/closing doors, checking tickets, issuing on the spot fines (anyone played Bus Simulator 2018?). Unfortunately it would very probably require some serious game redesign to get it working, but would definitely beat just being a (passive) passenger!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Northerner

15. Northerner

• Like Like x 7
  16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It looks brilliant!

• Like Like x 1
  17. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

18. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

Hope to see a better product support than DTG ...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Let yourself dream about...
    Even if Rivet do something it takes time till it pass throught DTG and console platform.
    Adam mention on stream that via Steam they could release thing quickly but if they want to keep every platform on same version than they need to wait and pack more thing together less often. No hotfixes can be expected (only very serious cases), just fixpack and compatibility support for new release (every 2-4 weeks - or when it's ready).