Tsw 2 Vs Bus Simulator

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by eire007, Aug 24, 2020.

1. eire007

eire007 Active Member

Posting to Xbox forum also so add comments and suggestions in the hope someone see’s it to make some improvements. :)

First of all, yes they are 2 different games, both on Xbox one but the basis is the same although TSW 2 is more advanced I think so I expected more.
    This is not criticism of TSW2 but feedback about improvement which could benefit the game and are my opinions so cool off hot heads who are negative and here to start confrontation about feedback on forums.

Things found in Senario planner.

Passengers.
    BUS SIM
    Passengers : passengers when you have made your route get on the bus and interact, Take a seat, buy tickets etc etc like it would in the main game.

TSW2
    Passengers : Example from East coastway and bakerloo, hardly any passengers and those on the station do not even get on the train. I ran a full route with an empty train as passengers didn’t get on, pointless running the route.

Creating route and driving route
    BUS SIM
    Allows you to create where you want the route to go and all the stops inbetween. When you choosing a bus it has a picture of the bus so you know which you are selecting. When you play game all traffic lights and traffic operating as normal allowing for an easy drive.

TSW2
    You can only choose certain paths to follow, red lights at first stop stay red not allowing you even start your trip even with 1 train on the line which is you. When you selecting a train unless you are train buff who knows every number and letter which I don’t I have hardly any idea which train I am picking. A picture should show up on what I’m picking, a small picture would do.

Timing points for next stops
    BUS SIM
    When you leave a stop it automatically gives you a time you are due at the next stops during the route. Perfect for trying to keep to a timetable and adds to the realism.

TSW2
    No next stop time. You can be as late or early as you like with no penalties. You can even sit at a station for hours if you wanted with no penalty and to be honest, with no passengers getting on your train why would you want to move. For the few passengers who stand at a station, they just look at the train admiring the sight.

Final note :
    These are just a few points of feedback which would help this scenario planner for me and maybe others. Not everyone is a full on train buff, I play cause I enjoy the game and not here to pick things out on others like in these forums. It’s toxic at best sometimes. We use these forums to share ideas and suggestions with each other. Stop being nasty to each other and welcome people who don’t have the full knowledge of everyone else. We are lucky to have a decent train sim. Let’s make it better.

PEACE.

2. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

While these are valid points, I'm sure both the Scenario Planner and the game as a whole will be improved in the future. The number of passengers is so low on Xbox because of memory / CPU limitations.

I mostly agree with the train selection. TSW 2 should use a picture on every screen where we can choose between locos, because frankly it's nigh-impossible to keep track of all the similarly named vehicles. DB BR Class 403-413-428-SDPH83-53... I've played a lot but I still couldn't pair any locos with these names, I need to see them. Hopefully the interface will be improved upon as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Yeah with reference to the passengers this really goes down to what hardware you are running as I have seen people get really busy trains where consoles are restricted I'm not surprised seeing how long ago the xbox one and ps4 came out I believe the pro and the xbox one x is a step up but hopefully when ps5 and the x series we may be on level with pc. With regards to points ect allot of people don't really care about the medals and action points I have now just got the display of it permanently of my screen as I never felt I needed to know as most of the time its gold. Good point though on when picking a train as many know the ICE 3M rather than its actual name being the br 406so just maybe a little photo may be nice. For me I don't know fully the names of all the American trains so for me it's allot of guessing

• Like Like x 1
  4. westcastlerail

westcastlerail Active Member

Very good and thought pro-voking post by Eire007

I have both games to - and agree with most of the points raised above in regards TSW2

At the moment I am just enjoying have a scenario planner of any limitation on TSW2, but agree if Dovetail could make scenario planner as easy to use as Bus Sim that would be a great step forward!

The main point the review missed though- is that they are both games are very addictive to play!
    (Simply not enough hours in the day at the moment!)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

I love Bus Simulator!
    Astragon did a good job there, but the dialogues gives you a facepalm here and there. They even announced a new game for next year with a beautiful area inspired by San Francisco Bay!

I don't know why, but it appears I'm having a fetish for public vehicles and services... :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I turn off the chat from the passengers. So I’m driving peacefully :)

• Like Like x 1