PC Talent Weird Behaviour After Loading Saved Game

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by adam.rajewski, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Today I encountered a weird behaviour from the BR442 when loading a saved game. I was saving at every station. After departing a station and doing something stupid I wanted to correct it, so I reloaded the save, and the train wouldn't move. Just after I made the save in the first place, the train departed without an issue, but not this time. Eventually I managed to get it moving by activating the Tempomat. It would go on Tempomat no problem, but without the Tempomat, acceleration wouldn't work at all - brakes yes, but not acceleration. The left MFD is showing crossed kN sign to tell me that throttle is inactive, but I have no clue why. Also on HUD there was some strange indication with red frame and arrow (see the screenshot), which I'm quite sure had something to do with it, but again, I have no clue what it was. I tried everything I thought of, including shutting the train down completely and restarting - to no avail. It would only go on Tempomat. If the mission was restarted, everything worked fine, but any attempt to reload the save would bring it back. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, I'm quite sure the HUD tries to tell me something, but due to the absence of a manual other than the quick start guide I can't figure it out.

I love the game so far, but this has left me a bit frustrated. 442 stuck.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2020
  2. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

It seems they’ve just copy and pasted the talent 2 from RT, including the absolute state it was in and just changed it to red.

3. Iunoi

Iunoi New Member

I have the same problem with the Talent 2.

If you save your game while you are stationary (the brakes applied) and close the game you can't apply power after you load your savegame.
    If you've saved while you where driving you can load the savegame and play on without any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

I've always had an issue every time I load a saved game. to the point where I don't bother to save any more. I just make sure I have enough time to complete the route before hand.

Problems I have , range from stuck red signals, missing sounds, locos no longer applying power, and even the next objective not displaying.

This has been a problem since TSW 2020.

5. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

In this screenshot you have the reverser to neutral, you did put it to forwards right?

6. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Doors stopped working after I loaded a saved game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well, can't check for sure, as I've overwritten the save file, but I was putting it in all positions, so I'm pretty certain I did (I made the screenshot after a lot of playing around just to mark the symbols, so it's not representative regarding reverser). Also, if I didn't, then I should not be able to move on Tempomat, so either way something was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2020
  8. Bob12212

Bob12212 Well-Known Member

With me it's like a lucky dip. What will stop working each time a save is loaded.

9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I guessed that was the case, just felt like asking just to make sure...

10. neerbos

neerbos New Member

That is the exact problem I am seeing. Already posted a bug report. After resuming a game the following functions are not working correctly:
    1. tempomat setting - resulting in not being able to apply manual power
    2. doors not working anymore
    3. cabin light state not restored correctly
    4. display contrast not restored correctly
    See also

There is a thread in PC Discussion with your issue too https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/need-help-in-koln-aachen.25607/

11. pobus

pobus New Member

Phew! I've sat several times at stations flipping between different brake settings trying to get moving again, and couldn't work out what was wrong with me. Actually glad it doesn't appear to be user error!

Although, disappointingly it seems from reading above that because my current save is at a station with brakes applied I'll need to restart the route. Tried loading a few times and the issue does not resolve.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020