Xbox Partially Resolved - Do Not Open Tsw 2020 With Tsw 2 Installed

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bryer, Aug 20, 2020.

1. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Sam has already said that it is not a ploy on their part to get you to buy/play TSW2 by preventing access to content that you already own in TSW2020, I can only assume that this problem is more complex than first thought, and in the rush to fix it ASAP, perhaps the patch was not tested as thoroughly as it should have been.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Well it fixes the issue of the game not working at all. You can have both games installed and both work fine, the issue appears to be with routes now. You can't have a preserved route installed in both TSW 2020 and TSW 2, so I'm happy I can now play GWE again and not have to reinstall everything every time.

Just looking at East Coastway file version numbers are both 1.0.44? If someone else could confirm as I've uninstalled TSW 2020 East Coastway, it looks like they are conflicting with each other. Dovetail might need to renumber the Preserved versions to 2.x.xx to make them work.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Don't see the update yet here. Think I'll keep them isolated then if it doesn't fix the add-ons also disappearing.

Sam said it was TSW 2020 uninstalling. It was TSW 2 uninstalling (or appearing to uninstall) along with add-ons when I opened up TSW 2020. So not quite the easy fix it seems.

Did they only update the core game?

4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Yes just the core game was updated. It fixes the core games uninstalling.

Currently appears that Preserved routes only work in one game at a time, so if you want the Preserved routes in TSW 2, they won't work in TSW 2020 and vice versa, so I'm now playing Preserved routes in TSW 2 and everything else in TSW 2020.

5. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Seriously man, WTF??? I've completely uninstalled TSW2 now! This is such a mess. I give them props for being pretty quick on putting out an attempt at a fix! Let's hope they are equally quick to address the rest of the problem.

I did notice that TSW2020 is just now 'TSW' on the XBox. I'm good with that but, can someone at Dovetail please put something different for the game thumbnail besides the solid black background? Put a train on it or add some color please.

6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Ok, what game was updated? I'm seeing absolutely no update for TSW 2. Everything is on 44 build.

7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing what you're getting upset with, but the console now allows both versions to work independently and the only issue is that the Preserved routes won't load in both instances (I can live with that).

Sounds like your whole TSW 2020 installation has gone for a walk.

Think the issue you have is with the US Xbox Store. TSW 2020 still has the same logo it had before in the UK. See attached photo.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

If you'd read the updates properly, you would have seen that TSW 2020 has the update to fix the issue with installations deleting.

No one has mentioned a update for TSW 2.

9. D3VILDOG8541

Well, on the patch, I'm not happy that it pulled the East Coastway files from 2020 to TSW2, as I'm currently grinding that in 2020. I want to be able to play all routes on 2020 without having to flip or reinstall them because they've been reassigned to TSW2. They just need to iron out that & things will be as they should.
    The game logo is weird? In the store itself the logo shows TSW2020 & its logo as normal. On my desktop however; the thumbnail pic is a solid black background with TSW only. The original TSW logo? Not sure what that's about?
    I'm reinstalling the main file again after a hard reset, then I'll reinstall TSW2 again see if anything changes.
    Update:
    Reinstalling the main TSW2020 file fixed the thumbnail issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

That hasn't completely fixed the issue from what I've been reading. Maybe TSW 2 needs to be updated. No need to get bitter about it.

TSW 2020 was working absolutely fine before TSW 2 came along.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The games both work fine now as core products. The issue is now with route availability. They fixed one bug and created another. At least people can now have both games installed and flick between them to play non preserved routes.

Also I was fine as an only child and then my sister came along and caused problems! Things slowly worked themselves out, but it took longer than 5 days.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Fully get your frustrations, this I think boils down to someone in the QA team not using the same Xbox as TSW 2020 QA.

• Like Like x 1
  13. D3VILDOG8541

That'd be a good possibility I think. I hope the issue has enough importance to them they'll keep working it.
    I'm greatful they acted as fast as they did to get the hot fix out. I'm sure that affected a lot more players then the remaining conflict.

• Like Like x 1
  14. D3VILDOG8541

So, it Looks like I'm back to having 2 games on 2 seperate drives & keeping one unplugged. Unless I'm missing something? That seems to be the only way not to have to uninstall/reinstall the 5 files for the conflicting routes every time I switch games?

15. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You can't have the DLC's installed for both games at the same time at the moment. Got to pick which game you want them in. Sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. D3VILDOG8541

(sounds of head thudding against the wall)Doooooh!!!!
    Well, just deal with it:(

• Like Like x 1
  17. D3VILDOG8541

Ok, so I bit the bullet & deleted the preserved routes from my 2020 collection. I guess playing those routes on the new game to take advantage of the boost to visuals is worth it.
    That being said; I sure hope they get the fix for the route conflict patched before the next release of 'Preserved' trains/routes. I do have quite a bit of Mastery left on those routes, & would really hate to have to resort back to flip-flopping drives, install/uninstall games to play them. Seeing that the Mastery & Log book implementations are on the mid term calendar & the next batch of routes are due pretty shortly. It could become an issue again?

• Like Like x 2