Need Help In Koln-aachen

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Emerald, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Emerald

Emerald New Member

When I drive the ICE bullet train (I drive it with Sifa, PZB, and LZB), I keep getting a 1000Hz symbol and my train just stops. I press Q on all the Sifas, I pull the PZB acknowledgement at every signal, and I'm pretty sure I'm using LZB correctly. What causes the 1000Hz emergency brake and how can I prevent it?

2. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

The flashing 1000Hz light is indicating a forced stop by the PZB system. There can be several reasons for that:
    1. You didn't free yourself out of the starting program (flashing 70 and 85) and exceeded a speed of 45km/h. If the next signal is showing a speed of 40km/h or more, you're allowed to free yourself out of the PZB speed restriction.
    2. You didn't free yourself out of a speed restriction (flashing 55, 70 or 85, depending on the train type). As soon as the 1000Hz light turns off and the next signal is showing a speed of 40km/h or higher OR the 500Hz light turns off and you do not have to acknowledge the next signal, you are allowed to free yourself out of the speed restriction. While in the speed restriction you must not exceed the speed in km/h shown by the flashing blue light.
    3. Too fast for the barking curve. Depending on the train type (shown by the blue number indicator), you have to slow down to the shown speed in a certain amount of time (Data is available on Wikipedia). If you are approaching a stop signal, a second magnet around 250m before the signal is active and starts a second braking curve (in the upper class (O) from 60km/h to 45km/h in 153m). If you are faster than 60km/h while driving over this magnet, this will resolve in an immediate forced stop.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Emerald

Emerald New Member

This might be a dumb question but how do I free myself from the starting program?

4. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Press the End key, but make sure your next signal aspect is green. Alternatively make sure to keep speed below 45km/h as long as PZB keeps flashing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

Can I add a question for myself?
    Why I get the train non responsive to throttle while going from LZB mode to PZB?
    I got red G and can't' do nothing more.
    Tried to "reset" the train by all measures, from power off/on, reverser (neutral/forward), Delete, End, PgDown, nothing helps.
    I probably didn't acknowledge the change of mode but cannot keep going later.

6. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

When transitioning to PZB the AFB is blocked. To clear this you have to set the speed lever to 0, wait a moment and then reset it to the allowed speed. This measure is installed to prevent a train to return to PZB with its speed set to over 160km/h and therefore overspeeding.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  7. Dominik Tuchowicz

Dominik Tuchowicz Member

8. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I've got a different problem. I'm on the "Aachen Turnaround" scenario in Journey (Talent 2). I've made it to Aachen with all the safety systems on (after several restarts :)) and now need to turn the train round. I closed down (following the instructions in the game) and walked to the other end, but I was out of play time, so saved the game before sitting in the drivers seat. Now, when I resume, even without any of the safety systems enabled, I can't get any forward motion. The train will happily run in reverse (tripping a red signal), but in forward nothing happens and no power is shown on either the HUD or the dash.

I wonder if I should have disabled LZB/PZB as part of the shutdown, but any other suggestions gratefully received. (I guess I'll just have to run it again from the beginning ...)

Updated to say that without LZB/PZB I didn't get the problem at Aachen.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

You need to hold pzb relese for some seconds while the ende light is flashing while the train is changing from lzb to pzb mode.

• Like Like x 1
  10. neerbos

neerbos New Member

I have the exact same thing. Saved the game while departing Aachen on the return journey.

When resuming that game one issue was immediately apparent: the display contrast setting was not restored (I set it to dark mode).
    But when I apply the throttle there is no power. The train just stops. Tried resetting, closing the circuit breaker and stuff like that but it won't move.

Disabling SIFA & PZB did not help either.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

Still on "Aachen Turnaround", having left Aachen, I turned on SIFA and PZB. Saved the game (stopped at Stolberg) and the same problem occurs when I try to resume. I can only get power in reverse, and this time the train refuses to move (like the parking brake is on, but I've released that). I've tried turning the safety systems off and doing a complete train restart, but nothing seems to help.

12. hightower

hightower Guest

It sounds, unbelievably, that the saved game function is still broken. Does it work if you don’t save?

This has been a problem since Day 1. The fact that you cannot reliably save and resume a game is pretty ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

To echo what Hightower has said, the save function in TSW2020 has been somewhat sporadic since day 1. I imagine that this hasn't been looked at in the upgrade, and as such I'd be very hesitant to use it.

In the past the save function has done a variety of things, varying from bricking your loco to creating permanent red signals.

• Like Like x 1
  14. hightower

hightower Guest

I think I’m right in saying that if you find that you can’t add power after resuming a save then standing up and sitting down will very probably resolve it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

One thing I found when saving and restarting was I’d get a brake application after starting off (this was in TSW2020 I might add)

My workaround that worked was before saving I’d do the following - Reverser into Neutral, Master Key - Off and turn off safety systems.

Then when restarting, Master Key - On, Reverser into Forward then re-enable the system from in the cab, get up out of the drivers chair and turn them on. Doing it via the keyboard didn’t work for me. Have a go anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I'm having issues with "Save" as well, train stuck or HUD broken after restarting the game

17. neerbos

neerbos New Member

Yes, that worked in TSW2020 for me as well. However in this particular case (Aachen Turnaround scenario) it does not help. You CAN reverse and apply power that way but that is not the direction you need to go. I think it is related with the EMU switching ends at Aachen.

18. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve just done that scenario without issue. Did you put the reverser in the trailing cab to neutral and tune the master key off, then put the reverser forward in the driving cab?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
  19. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

this is how pzb works?? i managed to do one succesful trip with pzb. but still need practice; failed the next ones. When to press pzb aknowledge?? me too i brake when 1000hz show up

20. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

You need to acknowledge the pzb every time you pass a signal that is different of just clear (only green). If the signal has a speed limit you need to acknowledge too. And every time you pass a "next speed limit" table (the orange triangle). Normally the pzb start only when you pass a next speed limit that indicate a speed below 100kmh. But to be sure you can acknowledge it

21. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

When do you need to press the Acknowledge button in PZB mode:
    - a distance signal showing Vr 2
    [​IMG]
    - a distance signal displaying Vr 0 or Ks 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - a distance signal displaying a Zs 3v with a speed below 90 km/h
    [​IMG] OR[​IMG]
    - a Ne 2 standing without a distance signal (must be seen as a caution aspect)
    [​IMG]
    - a Lf 1 (temporary) or Lf 6 (permanent) (on some branch lines Lf 4 (no coloured background)) displaying a speed below 90 km/h
    [​IMG]
    - a Bü 0 (not flashing) signal (level crossing not working)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

In the lines above, each time you see "below 90" read "equal or below 90" (or "below 100" if you prefer, whatever is easier for you to remember).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  23. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

No it's below 90. You don't have to acknowledge signs that indicate a speed of 90km/h.

24. neerbos

neerbos New Member

Yes, as a matter of fact the game instructs you to do so cannot go wrong there. After departing Aachen, I saved the game to resume it the following day. It is when resuming the game when the issues with the power arises.

25. hightower

hightower Guest

That’s definitely the cause then. You could submit a ticket I suppose but I wouldn’t hold your breath. I’ve submitted tickets for this numerous times for different DLC and it’s still broken. How it’s still broken I don’t know, but it is.

You’d have thought being able to save a game was a pretty basic and fundamental feature of any game. It’s not even a feature, it’s a requirement. I can’t recall any other game I’ve ever played where it’s a complete lottery as to whether or not it will work properly when you resume a save. It’s baffling as to why they just can’t seem to get it to work.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Hopefully the new backwards looking team will fix this sort of thing. Having submitted a fair few bug reports, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a waste of time.

27. hightower

hightower Guest

I’m not so sure. There’s something fundamentally wrong with the main core of the game that means saving doesn’t work properly. I wouldn’t have thought that’s something that will fall under their remit.

It’s definitely better than it was a year or two ago, but it’s still a long way from right.

28. neerbos

neerbos New Member

I have actually managed to narrow down the issue with power after resuming the game (using the Talent2).

If you have used the Tempomat (cruise control) it seems to "not switch off" after resuming. I managed to apply power by:
    • switching on the tempomat (even though it was OFF) using key binding CTRL-R
    • using the increase feature (R key) to set the tempomat to the target speed
    • the train will move!
    However, you cannot disable the tempomat and apply regular manual power any more after that. You need to keep using the increase/decrease or apply brakes to change speed.

I will try to record a video demonstrating the issue later tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

That's what I thought at first. Experience has taught me better. ;)

30. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the real PZB. DTG repeatedly gets this wrong and signals have an active PZB magnet, even if the shouldn't. Rapid Transit still has a signal with a 100 km/h speed restriction announcement and a active 1000 Hz magnet. And I'll bet that this error will be in the preserved collection aswell.
    You only have to acknowledge speeds below 90 km/h, if you get a penalty brake this is a bug.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. neerbos

neerbos New Member

here is a clip

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I don't know exactly how it is done in real life, and what you say makes sense to me. Still, while playing TSW I recommend everyone to acknowledge everything under 100 as it has no penalty for doing so. On the other hand, if there is an active magnet and you don't acknowledge you will get a very nice emergency brake application.

• Like Like x 2
  33. neerbos

neerbos New Member

FYI: I have submitted a bug report to support on the resume game bugs (Talent2 only for now):
    1. Tempomat is restored incorrectly
    2. Display contrast is restored incorrectly
    3. Cabin Light state is restored incorrectly

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Err, didn't you mention that the throttle becomes nonfunctional?