Congratulations Dtg & Thank You!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Shwing, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Shwing

Shwing Active Member

Just wanted to drop a note to say a BIG thanks to all at DTG for this new open transparency policy!
    I love the fact that no questions are off limits during the Q&A streams - and that Sam does a marvellous job at keeping things as fact (even if it does mean he overshoots a station or two - lol).
    I also love the fact that there is now going to be a team in place to go through existing issues etc, and to ensure all works as best it can (thanks Adam & team).
    Seriously guys/gals - you are tackling the biggest issue normally present in these scenarios,and that's non communication. The fact we are now getting all this info is a breath of fresh air - and I thank you all!

• Like Like x 26
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

And I really appreciate the roadmap.

• Like Like x 5
  3. maxipolo12

maxipolo12 Well-Known Member

I personnally wait for actions. I can not just hanging on the Teams words. I was too disapointed by the lack of updates on old TS and TSW 1.
    But for this one i have also the impression that they are on a new way. I hope so, and not only some sand in the desert.

• Like Like x 6
  4. CC Johnson

CC Johnson Active Member

I concur. Feels really good to hear that this or that from the forum was heard and is looked at or to be asked in a stream to actively make suggestions and the promise that at least four people will read it and to (hopefully) see it reflected on the roadmap.
    Please keep it up! And thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Don't know about everyone else but I can't help feeling Sam is like the Gordon Ramsay of the train sim world. I hope the standards are maintained when he decides to step away.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope that Sam does not step away, because the changes that are happening at DtG are largely down to his communicating community feedback to the powers that be. The company that doesn't listen to its users is slowly becoming the company the does listen, and that's a good place to be for all concerned.

• Like Like x 6
  7. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

This is a very bold move on DTG's part, what other company gives you a public insight as to what is going on behind the usually firmly locked doors. I remember the taxman saying to me when i first started in business " Look after your customers or someone else will" So i wish you luck with your new strategy, It is a wonderful idea, I am enjoying both the road map and the videos. keep up the good work.

Mike

• Like Like x 5
  8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I too echo those sentiments above. The road map is a boon and it is great to see more openness.

It is a shame the Sam is stepping down but hopefully he has helped to change the culture so things will proceed in this new direction.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Was it really Sam that did that, it could have been a company decision as a whole?

10. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

The idea would be Sams.

11. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I agree! Glad they recognized what they did wrong with TSW and are trying this way instead, I think a lot of will be happy in 6 months!

• Like Like x 2