PlayStation Bakerloo Line Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Having played the Bakerloo Line the most since getting TSW 2 this is my feedback so far (as of 25 August 2020). If I add anything to this post at a later date, I’ll make it known what was added and when.

1. There is not enough time at the start of service to prep the train. I like opening my windows to better the sound, setting the destination, turning on the passenger compartment lights and then getting the train ready to move. Even though I try my best to do this quickly, I never have enough time and I don’t think these actions should be rushed.
    2. The sound with the windows closed is not as good with them open. The sounds overall could be better in my opinion.
    3. The window wiper is far too loud.
    4. The trains should not be slipping and sliding in tunnels with adhesion physics whilst raining on the surface. The first two or three stations (maybe) but I doubt the deeper stations would have such wet tracks that make slipping an inevitability.
    5. It is well known, but passengers are very limited and do very stupid things like getting stuck in tunnels and standing in the air.
    6. The speed limits in the tunnels are effective at the end of the train instead of the start.
    7. Not being able to the use the cab door is a pity.
    8. Stuttering, sticking and frame rate drops can be very annoying on the overground section. This is especially annoying when slowing down as the game doesn’t seem to register your input when it’s stuck. The line could do with some further optimisation.
    9. Kilburn High Road as a limited, but integral part of the relatively self-contained Bakerloo Line should have been included. Whilst limited action takes place there, trains do operate daily rusty rails services and can be turned back in order to access the outer platforms at Queen’s Park. Kilburn High Road could have been used to make adding additional timetable services easier to implement.
    10. Traffic is very poor. The line feels deader than a dead Dodo.
    11. The limited announcements, which does include Mind The Gap, are fun to hear. Don’t be leaving your luggage lying around.
    12. The line is very fun to drive and would be so much more fun taking into consideration my earlier points. Hopefully these are things Adam’s team can work on.
    13. No blue counter boards leading away from stations.
    14. Speed limit signage in the tunnels is difficult to see at it can appear too late and is then obscured by the window frame of the train.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. johnathan015

johnathan015 Member

Another thing to note and I don't know if it's just me, but every time I do a service from Elephant & Castle to Stonebridge Park, when it then asks you to go into the depot, one or two of the services you can't do that because the line in the depot where you need to park the train is filled already with a static AI train going no where.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

All fair and valid points, this really REALLY annoys me
    1. There is not enough time at the start of service to prep the train. I like opening my windows to better the sound, setting the destination, turning on the passenger compartment lights and then getting the train ready to move. Even though I try my best to do this quickly, I never have enough time and I don’t think these actions should be rushed

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Updated OP with points 13 & 14.

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Very good points. I wouldn’t say the speed limit signs in the tunnels are difficult to see, I’d say they are impossible to see.

Adam said in the live stream that if things are as they are in real life but they make playing the game difficult, they could sacrifice a bit of reality to aid the player. So, I’d suggest moving the speed limit signs to the driver’s side of the tunnel and/or increasing the distance that the headlights illuminate. They don’t need to be much brighter they just need to illuminate stuff a bit further from the train. Maybe a more narrow beam angle, if that’s possible, most headlights in TSW seem to have beam angles that are too wide.

I would extend my headlight suggestion to all trains where illumination distance is so short that it makes the lights pointless and I’d also sacrifice reality in the size and textures of lineside boards to make them more visible and readable for the player. It’s been a longstanding issue for me. Make the signs glow slightly (I know, daft suggestion) or something, just make them more visible.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

The Roadmap shows improvements are being planned and worked on already for the Bakerloo line, so you might be in luck!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

One of the only issues I noticed for me was when I was a passenger, standing in the coach, I found that as soon as the position of the train where I was standing prevented me from entering the tunnel.
    And this was the same for leaving the tunnel to enter a station. It only worked if I sat in a seat.

8. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

Anyone know how to change the destination boards? I hate looking at my train is not in service.

9. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

Yeah it's just the little handle above the middle door.

Attached Files:

10. larrycv43

larrycv43 Member

Thank you!

11. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

The only thing listed there refers to larger timetable.

12. smslomka

smslomka New Member

I too was wondering how to change the board.

I feel the run is incomplete without properly ID the train direction and final location. Can't find the answer if any.

13. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

The answer is above, read this post (photo as well)