Xbox Sand Patch Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by deans.ma, Aug 21, 2020.

Tags:
  1. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

I’ve encountered 2 problems in Sand Patch today.

#1. In the Clear Cut scenario, after refueling the AC4400 I cannot climb on the engine, thus preventing me from completing the scenario.

#2. I loaded into Part 1 of the Shaw Mine Run and found that the way out of Cumberland Terminal was blocked by two helper locos returning from the grade. They were sitting on the crossover shutdown when I loaded the game. Note when I loaded in from “Explore on Foot” at the time the mine run was due to leave, the engines that were blocking were proceeding into the yard on a separate track and thus no problem.

-Dean

2. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

One thing I noticed was they don't mention the Lead or Trail valve in the tutorial for the GP 38, so when you start the next service your brakes are screwed until you set that. Why would you not mention that somewhere, you did in TSW 2020... don't get how this could get missed. And then don't get me started on the AC4400 tutorial, how you're told to use Immersion controls then it's literally impossible to complete unless you switch controls and change cameras. Mind blowing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Totally agree with you. I don't want to nitpick but I'm starting to despise the immersion controls and the fact you're forced to use them. It's not so bad on Bakerloo but with the American locos I find it super frustrating.

I'm sure they had a good reason for implementing the Immersion controls but their quite a nuisance!!! I'm also not sure why we're forced to use them in the scenarios- I can operate the train just fine with the classic controls!!

-Dean

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Ya for switching and stuff it's not good at all. What I always did was considered my free camera as my conductor so I would move to switches and watch cars when they connect. Now you can't do any of that, and you're pretty much forced to use the map for switching which isn't immersive at all lol. ... or walk it all out, but that's crazy and you're an engineer anyways, and you'd never do that stuff. That's I always considered my cameras conductors lol.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TrainGuyPS4

TrainGuyPS4 New Member

I had the same issue with those helpers spawning on the switch with no driver. Start on foot at the turntable five minutes early, and it works fine. The downside is you're stuck with whatever locos are already there - seems to be SD40's every time.

6. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Q: when you spawn in 5 minutes before hand and start the service from the ground does it still give you your xp/credit/gold start at the end? I thought about doing that but didn’t want to waste 90 minutes if I wouldn’t get anything out of it.

TIA
    -Dean

7. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I find it funny how Matt and Sam said hey if you don't like the controls don't use them, but then the game literally forces you to use them on all training and scenario missions. So ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...great post, how you describe camera usage in TSW 2020 is exactly what I do in 2020- I would def miss this feature.

9. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Also whole heartedly agree with what’s above. I’ll say this though- I think the fact that you’re forced to use the new controls is absolutely absurd. My best guess for this is that we’ll be seeing more of these “Immersive” Controls in the future and DTG wants everybody to get comfortable using them.

I’m just thankful I can run all the timetable services under classic mode, soooooo much better.

-Dean

10. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

If you played with any EMD or the F40PH-2C unit in TSW2020, you should know where this valve is. MP36 is underneath the console.

11. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

That's not the point lol, I know where it is hence why I figured out the issue, but anyone new to the game, which they're trying to bring in lots of new people would have no clue. It's an obvious part of train operation, so add it into the tutorial.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TrainGuyPS4

TrainGuyPS4 New Member

Yes. It only starts to record that stuff at the timetabled departure time. Gives you plenty of time to have the loco fully set up to go when that time arrives as well, so it works in favour of your timekeeping. Also works a treat for not having to waste the first 45 seconds on LU services...

13. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Agreed. That at least should be checked.

14. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

Another thing I don't understand is apparently the SD40 doesn't need to be in lead or dead? They don't tell you to switch it and the train keeps working in Trail, why is this?

15. zakvdolek

zakvdolek New Member

Yep, same for me on Xbox, I just kind went with it, but def seems broken too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

I'm on Xbox as well

17. jaemes.hunt

jaemes.hunt Member

I had the same issue with the two helpers on the cross over. I really want to do this timetable journey in the AC4400. If you start it on foot it seems to always give you a SD40. So I tried messing around with it last night.

I started the route in the AC4400 (not on foot). I drove it up to the cross over and stopped before the switch. I then got out and switched the track so the helpers would go straight.

Now the next part is tricky.

I jumped in the helper and when you sit in the seat the game will ask you if you want to take control of this train. By doing this your other train will now be under control of the AI, BUT... it cant move far because you are in the way in the helpers so it will drive right up to you and stop within a few feet. I then got out the helpers and jumped back in the coal train. Sat in the seat and the game asked if I wanted to take control of the train. I did and reversed the train back on notch 1. Whilst it was moving I went to the 2D map and switched the track so that the helpers now under control by the AI drove off by themselves on the other line. This left the line open for me to drive my AC4400 on with the route, just switch the track back.

That being said. IT IS ABSURD that this is what we have to do to make this work. PLEASE DOVETAIL fix this bug for us.

• Like Like x 2
  18. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

Thanks for that. As a side note, I started the scenario yesterday from the ground, ran the train all the way to Salisbury Junction (a 90 min. run) just to discover that a red signal was preventing me from reversing up the branch thus preventing me from completing the service.

Needless to say I got really frustrated and wrote up a very long and profane rant. Decided not to post it as I don't want to get banned lol.

-Dean

19. QdawgS765

QdawgS765 New Member

I have done the tutorial for the AC4400CW multiple times and on there I follow the tutorial exactly and it works as normal. However when I copy exactly what I did in the tutorial it doesn't work. It's as if the emergency brakes are applied so when I throttle up It doesn't move until I set the throttle to notch 6 or higher, and at that point I hear a screeching which indicates to me that the brakes are on but the engine is strong enough to overcome the brakes even though I set all of the brake handles (including the dynamic brake) to release.

20. Dallas117

Dallas117 Active Member

You have to do the cut out option in the screen and save your changes

21. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

I just did both of those scenarios the other day, and I've not had a single issue, although I am on PC, but that shouldn't matter.

22. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

At the same screen where you set up the air brakes, you may need to set up the Motor status from Trail to Lead. I think this is not covered in the tutorial.

23. QdawgS765

QdawgS765 New Member

I see, well I did cut in the brakes but I did not convert it from trail to lead I will try that. Thank you!

24. csxcoalhauler

csxcoalhauler New Member

im finding at the reverse to shaw mine the signal stuck at red

25. ehrenholt

ehrenholt Active Member

check the fule cap

26. phildenty

phildenty Member

I hope that I have posted this in the right thread

When doing the collectibles for The Sand Patch, the invisible force field won't let you pick up this hard hat inaccessible hard hat.jpg

27. phildenty

phildenty Member

Thanks for taking the time out to see where I mean inaccessible hard hat location.jpg

28. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Encountered this problem today, too. I tried to put those locos just in front of my train and actually they were powering my train, too. But after passing some signals I stuck on a red light and the dispatcher told me, that I'm on the wrong track. But i wasn't, definitely, checked it multiple times.

I'm playing on Playstation and hope for a fix. But actually I don't have high hopes that its going to be fixed.

29. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It is problem across all platforms, DTG is aware and are working on a fix and it is on the road map.

30. Ps4Player

How do you know? Actually I can't find it on the last Roadmap? I only see a fix for powering America on the Roadmap.

31. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Notice #3 on the list I have pasted here
    • Improvement] Add Safety System Indicators to the HUD
    • [Fix] Reinstate London landmarks for Console on Bakerloo Line
    • [Fix] One of the Hard Hat collectibles is placed behind an invisible wall
    • [Fix] Medals and Scoring is not provided on the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln timetable

• Like Like x 1
  32. Ps4Player

Okay, your post did refer to phildenty's post. :cool:
    So actually we were talking about different things, nevermind. ;)

• Like Like x 1