PlayStation Sand Patch Grade Chapter 2 Mission 4 Not Finishable

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Aerilon, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Aerilon

Aerilon Member

At the very end of this long Mission you are supposed to decouple the 37 coaches and drive the two locos back to a point "behind the Sand patch junction". This point is just past a Red Signal. Crossing the Red Signal causes the scenario to fail.
    Calling for dispatcher does result in no response in both the immersive and the classic Control Mode.
    Just past the Red Signal is another Red Signal and a train standing and waiting there. I waited for 30 Minutes at the Signal to maybe turn Green.

In conclusion the scenario is not finishable. Frustration After 2hr of 15mph snail Speed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and I suspect that there is a bug with saving the game on routes where you have to switch cabs to head off in the other direction (also happened to me on Aachen turnaround)

Tried both scenario's without saving and lights change automatically

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you Aerilon and Dinger75 for sending this, can you tell me the name of the scenario? Will add it to the list.

4. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

No problem. The issue happended for me on Fully Fuelled

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity how long did it take for you to get out of Cumbernauld? A manifest has just over taken me leaving Cumbernauld, I'm held on a red , hes gone in front

6. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

I had that happen just today, took me a good 10 minutes of wait to get a green once that manifest has gone past me.

7. Trainmania100

Just to advise i've just done fully fuelled PS4 without any issues,

8. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Did you encounter red signals along the way towards Summit, chasing that manifest?

9. Aerilon

Aerilon Member

It happened on "Fully Fueled" and it happened on "Cumberland Auftrag" (sorry my Version is German.) Which is 4th Scenario. Again I loaded a saved game and had to stop at a Red Signal. The Signal did not turn Green and I was not able to Call dispatcher. Usually you get at least a message that you have no clearance but I get nothing. Neither in Immersion nor in Classic Control. Really annoying on long Missions :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. evolution33192

evolution33192 Member

I've done this scenario twice now only to get a red signal fail st the end (on xbox). So are you saying if we don't save game during this scenario if wont get bugged? If thats the reason I saved both times half way through and thats my problem.

11. Trainmania100

I had a red signal at the start of the game, held for around 5 minutes , then once the manifest cleared it was yellow all the way to the summit. (Although I did stall half way there and took me about 15 mins to get going again).
    Then I arrived at the stop point, went to the rear two locomotives and uncoupled them, and took them back to the crossover point, and then the signal changed to allow me to proceed into the siding

12. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

That's what I think is the problem. If you save it, quit and come back it's bugged, if you finish it in one go, it works OK. That's how it was for me. I hope DTG Jamie can relate this to the team, so they can fix this issue. You can't expect people in this day and age to be able to invest 2,5 hrs in one go.

13. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

The bug has been added to the list. Thank you all for the full information

14. BigH

BigH Active Member

I finished Fully Fuelled with no problems (PS4pro). Just an idea, if you take too long, the other trains on the route catch up and the dispatcher get´s confused.

15. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I finished this without issues as well. The biggest problem is the game doesn't tell you how to properly configure the locomotives for remote operation.

Actually caught the manifest 2 times, forcing me to stop at red signals, before I reached the summit.

16. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I finished Fully Fuelled with no problems (Pc)

17. CeeJai

CeeJai New Member

So you can move from the start? My train is stuck at beginning. I do everything to get the train ready and it moves for like 3 seconds and then won’t move after that. Can someone help me?