Tail Lights Of Class 377

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HankWang, Aug 25, 2020.

1. HankWang

HankWang New Member

I’ve no idea how to activate the tail light of Class 377 from the other end of the train.

2. Northerner

Northerner Well-Known Member

The tail light at the rear is usually already set to auto in timetable mode. You can't set it from the front cab as the switch there only controls the front lights so you've got to go to the rear cab if they're not already set.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HankWang

HankWang New Member

Thanks so much for the help

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Then what does the taillight switch in the front cab do? I usually just set it to auto assuming that'd turn on the rear lights on the rear, but I'm probably wrong :P

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That switch is for turning the tail lights on for that car before you change ends.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Northerner

As matjamca said that's for setting the tail lights at that end. Setting it to auto means that when you key out of that cab the tail lights turn on automatically.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jackthom

jackthom Active Member

Does automatically mean that they only come on when the front cab has its master key inserted, or perhaps when it’s headlights are in operation?

8. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

In my experience the master key is only needed to actually get the train moving (so throttle/brake controls). As far as I've seen, headlight controls, as well as other light controls (cab lights, passenger lights, instrument lights, destination board lights) can be set without a master key.

Haven't checked if this also applies to the Class 377. But as far as I've seen this is how most trains work.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Northerner

When in auto I think, when you've not got the headlights on, the taillights will illuminate automatically when the key is removed from the cab at that end. If you've still got the headlights on, then the taillights won't turn on when you key out.
    Yeah that's right, you can set the headlights without the master key in. All inserting the master key does is extinguish the taillights at that end when they're in auto mode.

• Helpful Helpful x 1