PlayStation Rivet Games-tsw2 Isle Of Wight Blog Post!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Aug 18, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  2. matthewbguilford

• Like Like x 3
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The comments on that forum and elsewhere here point out a big error in how they have modelled a station. It’s way off in their screenshot, with the platforms close together with only room for one track between them, when in reality there is room for a second track there.

One thing people have been banging on about on this forum is how TSW will only get good content when third party developers start making routes. I think they might be overestimating other companies’ ability to be better than Dovetail at route building. Dovetail’s team would not have made such an error in modelling a station. They are masters at getting the routes right.

I’m reserving judgement on the overall quality of Rivet’s route until I’ve seen more, and it is their first attempt, but I must say I don’t have very high hopes from what I’ve seen. I’m not so picky about scenic buildings not matching exactly, and Rivet explained in a dev video for a TS route that it’s not what they are aiming to do anyway, but getting the only two platforms on one of a handful of stations completely wrong is really really bad. And then that’s used as the first photo to publicise the route (except for a couple of teasers).

I really want the Isle of Wight route and the included train to be brilliant. Am I hoping for too much here?

Remember Rivet put a bogie the wrong way round on the first train they built for TSW. Easy enough to do, but such a stand-out error to make and then not spot that you’d done it. Hmmm.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Rivet has said the station in the screenshot was an early build test, but because the screenshot looked so good they included it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. matthewbguilford

3787B3E9-3E66-41CA-84F6-815EE2F038C7.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well, that is good news. I really don’t want to be disappointed with this route because it is a route I really wanted to be made.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Me too, so thats 2 sales confirmed :)

Was there any hint of price from Rivet?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve not seen one but then again I’ve not looked today. I have spent far too much time on this forum and looking at other things in the roadmap. I have changed my avatar in readiness for the route though, I was getting bored of the 166 picture I had.

9. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

stujoy, FYI I thought you might like to see this photo I took last night. It is the next bridge along after the one used in Rivets teaser shot and this also has steps, which could have made it another contender, (except this one has a telegraph pole there).

Luckily the train just happened to come along as I was taking the photo.

IOW Train.JPG

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nice picture, thanks. I’d have spotted that this is a single track part of the route before I saw the pole :D They used a double track section to throw people off the scent in their screenshot. I’m hoping they include this livery as well as the one in my avatar, which they have already shown is included. It would be nice to have the choice and I do like the red one. If they don’t, I can still make it in the livery creator.

11. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

stujoy really confused me with that new profile pic very nice though

• Like Like x 1
  12. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Rivet games frist tsw effort was a very highly requested german desiel and except for a few minor issuse it worked well and they jumped on getting it fixed but dtg dilly dollied getting there fix released.(which is a fact dtg likes to denie everytime)Rivets games frist route isle of wright should be a good test for there future efforts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. ColinM_Rivet

ColinM_Rivet Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. MegaSim

MegaSim Member

From the rivet games forum, they have confirmed:

the route is based on today from a recent research visit to IoW.

They have also confirmed that there is one train in the pack and only the NSE livery.

I guess we can very easily create the current paint job in livery designer, which is probably what they’re thinking.

Good Job Rivet and look forward to driving on the line when it’s released..... which I’m guessing is next month

• Like Like x 2