PC Sand Patch Grade Journey 9/31

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by shackcat, Aug 26, 2020.

1. shackcat

shackcat New Member

This scenario has numerous bugs.

Locos needs to be at 3 setting to move them alone and it feels as if they are dragging hiddens wagons behind them. Speed dies immediately if power setting is reduced.

As per screenshot 2A, loco should be coupled automatically but game is showing a distance of 5 yards between loco and wagon. 2A Train wagon not coupled.jpg

Closer look loco and wagon not coupled. 2B

2B Train wagon not coupled.jpg

Loco and wagon coupled after player manially decoupled and then coupled loco/wagon. 2c

2C Train wagon coupled after manual decoupling_coupling by player.jpg

Further on in the scenario, player has to couple to formation of 30 wagons, distance to couple point is off by +250yards as per screenshot 3A

3A Couple to formation 30 wagons_distance out by +250 yards.jpg

Wagons would not couple and had to be maunally decoupled and then coupled by player.
    I was able to complete scenario.

2. m.poznan

m.poznan Member

Had the same, the first few scenarios in the Sand patch journeys are ok, the coupling is automatic, then after a few it keeps doing that, you cant couple without bumping them togheter, then manually coupling them, once you de couple both the coupler on the loco and the wagon goes closed, even if i use camera 8 to move to the front of the loco, and open the coupler it closes in 10 seconds again. Weird thing is that never happened in the first few journeys! As for the power, make sure you are setting both locos up, in the lead set the MU-2A to lead or dead, engine run, generator field and fuel to on, in the trailing loco, set MU-2A to trail 6/26, cut out valve to cut out, and the 3 switches to off!

3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

OK guys, I think I have this figured out. I had the same issue in Sandpatch and realized that if you access the map via the '9' key before you are fully set up and begin to move, it will act this way. If you do not access the map until you have your locomotive moving then all works as planned and there is no 'anchor' on your locomotive. Have not tried to see if this bug is present on the other routes but will do so.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  4. shackcat

shackcat New Member

On further investiagtion it is apparant that Locos are not setup when mission starts and developers assume player can setup Locos thermselves. Still uncertain if this is a bug or game play ?

For Loco setup goto https://train-sim-world.fandom.com/wiki/Driving_the_SD40-2,_GP38-2_and_GP40-2

I am using Multiple Unit Working.

As MU Lead settings:

Engine Run
    : ON
    Generator Field: ON
    Control & Fuel Pump: ON
    These three valves control whether the brake handles operate the brakes on the train:
    Brake Cut-off Valve: FREIGHT
    MU-2A Valve: LEAD OR TRAIL

MU Rear Loco:

Engine Run: OFF
    Generator Field: OFF
    Control & Fuel Pump: OFF
    Brake Cut-off Valve: CUT-OUT
    MU-2A Valve: TRAIL 6 OR 26

Please visit above link for more detailed information of Loco setups.