Amount Of Dlc Used In Workshop Scenarios (a Poll)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by josh.ostrowski03, Aug 27, 2020.

?
  1. No extra DLC, just the base route and rolling stock included.

20.0%
  2. 1 extra DLC for a bit of variety

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 extra DLC

20.0%
  4. 3 extra DLC

20.0%
  5. 4 or more DLC for semi realistic operations

40.0%
  1. josh.ostrowski03

josh.ostrowski03 Active Member

Hi there, I have this question about workshop scenarios. and how many extra DLC is too much? The results from this poll will be very useful for new scenario creators like myself.

2. IronBladder

IronBladder Well-Known Member

The issue is not how many, but whether I own it! The more there is the more likely I won't have it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. josh.ostrowski03

josh.ostrowski03 Active Member

This is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about! I may not have explained it well in the post but you hit the problem right on the head!

4. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Is there a way to automatically substitute unavailable scenario locos, and if not, why not?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

This is something I've pondered on... Stock can be swapped but not I believe automatically unfortunately...

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  6. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Some scenario makers (that's a mouthful- how about scenarists?) do seem to throw in everything but the kitchen sink but I presume most are creating for their own enjoyment. If they've got appropriate DLC why would they not use it and if they're kind enough to then post the fruits of their labours in the Workshop it seems churlish to complain- not that I see anyone complaining here but it does happen.

I'd like the Workshop part of the Steam application to be more Helpful. Steam knows what DLC you have so why can't you have an option to limit search results to scenarios (scenaria?) you have DLC for? Of course then you run into the problem that DLC aren't always flagged correctly. Frankly anything that made the search function more useful, or rather less useless, would be welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Shome schenario makersh. Sean Connery.

• Like Like x 2
  8. get-geeky

get-geeky New Member

I'm fairly new to scenario making too but I tend to include the minimal basics needed for workshop scenarios to make it enjoyable and fun. If I wanted to do absolute realism then I'd host the scenarios on my site or upload them to another because they'll include AP or JT assets not on Steam.

Mostly there will be one or two extra dlc's needed dependant on the era or some assets needed but I always link them in the description, not just if re-skins are needed but also to say if it's actually super necessary for you to own it or not. e.g You need the 303 to run it as intended as it's used for a lot of AI consists but you would be okay missing the 101 because it's used on 1 consist so use F2 to skip the warning and enjoy!

Hope this helps

• Helpful Helpful x 1